Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Directory Tree Based Library Without Scanning (Read 3182 times) previous topic - next topic

Directory Tree Based Library Without Scanning

Is there a way to implement a mode where instead of rescanning manually for files, the program just scans for directory structure and only looks for files when you expand a folder?

As it is now, when I add a new folder to my Music or Audio folders, I have to do a full scan and wait for the entire thing to look for every single file. It would be nice if it only concerned itself with the directory structure and only looked for files when a directory in the tree is expanded(and not scanning all the subdirectories).

So, it should go like this:
I choose a main directory to start from.
Foobar looks for the directory tree structure.
I Expand the main directory.
Maybe it finds some ringtones I have haphazardly placed in that main folder.
It stops scanning.
I Expand the Elvis Costello directory.
It looks for files and finds nothing.
It stops scanning.
I Expand This Year's Model.
It scans the files and finds the songs.
You can select and add the files as normal.

Alternately, if you have the Deluxe edition with two discs:
If you drag the This Year's Model DX folder icon to the playlist, it recursively scans the directories and adds them. The same as if you dragged a directory from Windows Explorer.

Reply #1
foo_uie_explorer (Columns UI only it seems) or WSH tree explorer comes to mind.

Don't know if the links are up to date, but you can check that yourself.

Reply #3
I would love a folder explorer without library as well!

Reply #4
My other player does precisely this and has a nice subset of fb2k features.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
Seems like I accidentally overwrote the original link with the image during editing, my bad. You found what I meant however.