Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC-FLAC help please! (Read 3068 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC-FLAC help please!

I don't understand why I am having a hard time being successful with EAC and FLAC, but I am.  So if someone could help me I would appreciate it.

I downloaded the latest EAC and FLAC, executed the progam and configured it all according to instructions given.

I ripped a CD and the ripping process completed correctly with all the songs being compressed and saved with ".flac" endings to each of them as it showed in the EAC instructions.

My problem is this:  After doing all this, I cannot open any of the music with either NERO or Windows Media Player in order to listen to or to burn a CD.  Can someone please tell me what I am missing or if there is some other step that has to be done in order for me to access my ripped music.

I would really appreciate any help that you could give me here on this site.  Thanks very much.

Comet

EAC-FLAC help please!

Reply #1
Nero just cannot burn FLAC files natively: it needs a plugin to do so; or you just first convert FLAC files to WAV files for burning.

Lookie here --> Plugins for Nero

I cannot say a word 'bout WMP: I never touched it, not even with a pole. 

EAC-FLAC help please!

Reply #2
WMP will need a plugin too, im not sure if there is one, but i would search for it around the official WMP plugin page here http://www.wmplugins.com/
My $.02, may not be in the right currency