Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: f0rmat strings (Read 3146 times) previous topic - next topic

f0rmat strings

the foobar help isn't enuff. and i dont wanna totally copy stuff from other peeps either. some people mentioned a "tagz.txt" in the main format strings thread, but its giving a 404.

some questions that i'd like answered...
  • making separate columns for different text like tracknumber, playlist number, artist, etc.
  • hex colors dont show correctly sometimes, like FF0000 shows up as some blue color instead of red.

some good pointers & a lil tutorial would be good. waitin.... for any help that comes along. wont do anything else today before i get my foobar fully customized!
everybody's a jerk. you, me, this jerk!

f0rmat strings

Reply #1
  • hex colors dont show correctly sometimes, like FF0000 shows up as some blue color instead of red.

Hex values are written BBGGRR. Experimentation with the colour picker at the bottom of the title formatting dialog would have clarified this one up.

Really, just make a backup copy of your foobar2000.cfg file and mess around. You can't hurt anything.    Reading other peoples' title formatting strings won't hurt either, and will give you a place to start.

f0rmat strings

Reply #2
just finished it... the playlist coding is all done by me, not the statusbar though. i'll work on that tonight!

pretty satisfied with what i've done!  foobar rocks!!

screenshot plz add a '?' (without quotes) at the end of URL to view it! the folks at brinkster doesnt u let u link directly...

f0rmat strings

Reply #3
Nice work, the title colomn has one of the best transitions I have seen 
Looks good and is still readable.
As Canar said, read other peoples code. You can learn alot and there is so many ways to do the same thing.
When you're finished with your playlist and status bar you can have a try at a skin for WSGUI.
Too me the best thing about foobar is that I can have almost everything as I like it, and leave out the things I never use.

f0rmat strings

Reply #4
just finished it... obviously it isn't much compared to the one's most of you guys have. but i've got the things i need & its workin fine for me!

new screenshot (don't forget to add the '?' at the end of the URL).

used the "edges" font for the playlist text & for the status bar text i used the "snap" font. found these fonts in the font pack i downloaded from http://www.desktopian.org/bb

playlist background color: RGB(0,0,0) or BLACK
playlist selection color: RGB(125,125,125)

playlist code:
//*******************************
//* Initialize Colors & Strings *

$puts(col_brac,3498C0|2D2D2D)
$puts(col_plnum,696969|2D2D2D)
$puts(col_time,FFFFFF|000000)
$puts(col_play_start,0000FF|0000FF)
$puts(col_play_finish,A2A2FFF|A2A2FF)

$puts(col_artist,00D7FF|00D7FF)

$puts(col_title_start,FFE6B4|DC9100)
$puts(col_title_finish,DC9100|FFE6B4)

$puts(col_album,238E6B|000000)
$puts(col_info,C0C0C0|2D2D2D)

//*   Arist/Title/Album String  *

$puts(text_plnum,$get(col_brac)'['$get(col_plnum)$num(%_playlist_number%,4)$get(col_brac)']')

$puts(text_artist,[$get(col_artist)%artist%])

$puts(text_title,[   $transition(%title%,$get(col_title_start),$get(col_title_finish))])
$puts(text_album,[   $get(col_album)$if(%album%,$abbr(%album%,20),)])

$puts(text_other,$transition(%_filename%,$get(col_title_start),$get(col_title_finish)))

$puts(text_arrows,  $transition('['NOW PLAYING']',$get(col_play_start),$get(col_play_finish)))

//*          Extra Info         *

//Codec
$puts(text_codec,$get(col_info)$upper($ext(%_path%)))
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,vorbis),$puts(text_codec,$get(col_info)Ogg))
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,musepack),$puts(text_codec,$get(col_info)MPC))
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,Monkey''s Audio),$puts(text_codec,$get(col_info)APE))

//ReplayGain
$puts(text_rpgain,$get(col_info)[
$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,%__replaygain_track_gain%,%__replaygain_album_gain%)
$if(%__replaygain_album_gain%,A,T)])

//*       Display String        *

$get(text_plnum)
$get(text_codec)
$if(%artist%, $get(text_artist)$get(text_title),   $get(text_other))
$get(text_album)

$if(%artist%,   $if(%_isplaying%,$get(text_arrows)) $get(text_rpgain) $get(col_time)%_length%,   $if(%_isplaying%,$get(text_arrows)) $get(text_rpgain) $get(col_info)NO TAGS $get(col_time)%_length%)

playlist code:
//Strings
$puts(pbar1,0000FF|)
$puts(pbar2,000000

//Codec
$puts(text_codec,$upper($ext(%_path%)))
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,vorbis),$puts(text_codec,$get(col_info)Ogg))
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,musepack),$puts(text_codec,$get(col_info)MPC))
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,Monkey''s Audio),$puts(text_codec,$get(col_info)APE))

//Bitrate
$puts(text_bitrate,[%__bitrate%'kbps'])
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,musepack),
$if(%__mpc_profile%,$puts(text_bitrate,[%__mpc_profile% %__bitrate%'kbps'])))

//Extra Info
$puts(text_xtrainfo,[%__extrainfo%])
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,MP3),$if(%__extrainfo%,,$puts(text_extrainfo,[%__extrainfo% CBR])))
$if($strcmp(%__codec%,musepack),
$if(%__mpc_streamversion%,$puts(text_extrainfo sv%__mpc_streamversion%)))

//Sample Rate
$puts(text_samplerate,$if(%__samplerate%,$cut(%__samplerate%,2)kHz))

//Channels
$puts(text_channel,$if(%__channels%,$ifgreater(%__channels%,2,%__channels%ch,$ifgreater(%__channels%,1,Stereo,Mono))))

//Replay Gain
$puts(text_rpgain,[$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,%__replaygain_track_gain%,%__replaygain_album_gain%)][$if(%__replaygain_album_gain%,A,T)])

//Progress Bar
$puts(progress_bar,$progress2(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,50,$get(pbar1),$get(pbar2)))

//Time
$puts(text_time, [%_time_elapsed%]$if(%_time_total%,'/'%_time_total%' ['[%_time_remaining%]']'))

//Display Strings
$get(text_codec) $get(text_bitrate)
    $get(text_xtrainfo) $get(text_samplerate) $get(text_channel) $get(text_rpgain)
    $get(progress_bar)   $get(text_time)

open to all suggestions & criticisms...