Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Make Foobar Look Like Winamp (Read 7098 times) previous topic - next topic

Make Foobar Look Like Winamp

Hi.

I want my Foobar2000 to look like Winamp so I want to have a section for artists, and then another section for albums, and then underneath both of these are the tracks on the album.

How do I implement this?

Reply #1
Hi.

I want my foobar2000 to have a section for artists, and then another section for albums, and then underneath both of these are the tracks on the album.

How do i implement this?

try to search "facets" maybe it will help you.

Reply #2
Assuming you are using the default user interface, download facets.

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_facets

Run through the documentation and you should be good to go.

Once installed, you can also look at View > Layout > Quick setup or the other options to quickly change your setup look.

You can also simply use the album list element - sorted / grouped  appropriately - though this will give you a tree based separation of your elements and not the pane views that Facets will give you.  I use both in a tabbed container and works great for me.

terry

Reply #3
Thank You guys so much for this.

Reply #4
Hi.

My artist column doesn't seem to be in sync with my album column. How do I make it so, whenever I click on a particular artist, it shows me all the albums only by that artist. Right now, whenever I click on an artist, nothing happens to the album column.

Reply #5
Hi.

My artist column doesn't seem to be in sync with my album column. How do I make it so, whenever I click on a particular artist, it shows me all the albums only by that artist. Right now, whenever I click on an artist, nothing happens to the album column.

Make sure you have 1 facet element with multiple columns, not 2 facet elements.

Can you post a screenshot?

Reply #6
Hi.

Make sure you have 1 facet element with multiple columns, not 2 facet elements.

Can you post a screenshot?

Here's the screenshot - http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4418/24525295.jpg

What do you mean when you say 'Make sure you have 1 facet element with multiple columns, not 2 facet elements.'?

Reply #7
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I see what you mean, I've figured it out.

Thank You so much.

Reply #8
Hello friends! I decided to go to Foobar a while ago mainly because I liked best the sound it produces when compared to Winamp. Eventually I discovered that with patience you can make Foobar look quite cool. I display the list and the album cover in a very big size. However I would like to know if there is a way to select only a few elements for display in the metadata section. That would be: artist, composer, title, album, year and publisher. I'd like the rest to be gone. I've searched how to do it in the preferences but haven't found it. Thanks