Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar and Replaygain (Read 810 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar and Replaygain

Hello,

before I come to my real question I have to clarify something.

Many people believe that I have to go to configure -> playback and change options of "replaygain/Preamp" to change the target volume level for scanning/updating-file.-tags.

But I think this is wrong. This is only a tool for the audioplayer inside Foobar right? Like most of Audioplayers have one. Because it only effects if I play music on foobar.

I am searching for an option to change the target volume level for scanning/writing in filetags. So I found: Advanced -> FIle Operations -> ReplayGain Scanner -> File content alteration -> Target volume level (db): 89

Sounds good to me so far. But If I change this into 85 or 95, it doesn't have any effects to the scanner. The scanner is still scanning and updating for 89 db.

Is this a bug or am I just completely wrong?

greetz

Edit:

Using Foobar 1.3.19 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Tried with wav, flac, mp3.

Re: Foobar and Replaygain

Reply #1
You can't change the reference level. You change it in the player as you seem to already know.

The file content alteration target level is for a method of permanently altering files for players that don't understand tags. Simple hardware players or even default iPhone / Android players for example know nothing about RG tags. You can permanently alter MP3, AAC and Opus files to be played at the defined target level. The feature can be accessed from ReplayGain context menu for said formats.

Re: Foobar and Replaygain

Reply #2
Ah I see. Good to know. Thank you.