Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No Replay Gain with Cue Sheeted Wavpack Files (Read 5528 times) previous topic - next topic

No Replay Gain with Cue Sheeted Wavpack Files

Is there a reason that a Wavpack file with an embeded cuesheet would show its cuesheet but not replay gain values in Foobar, while a Wavpack file without an embedded cuesheet displays its replay gain values just fine?

Is this an issue with Foobar, since "wvgain -s" shows that both files have values?

Reply #1
Is there a reason that a Wavpack file with an embeded cuesheet would show its cuesheet but not replay gain values in Foobar, while a Wavpack file without an embedded cuesheet displays its replay gain values just fine?

Is this an issue with Foobar, since "wvgain -s" shows that both files have values?

I think this should answer your question.

If not, feel free to ask again... 

David

Reply #2
That sounds like the exact same issue. Since wvgain.exe accurately reports the stored values, it would seem to be a case of Foobar not properly looking for it. In any case, this would seem to give me a couple of choices:

1. Use external cuesheets with my .wv files
2. Use embedded cuesheets and don't use ReplayGain.

Thanks Bryant (for your response and developing Wavgain).

EDIT: External cuesheets seem to cause the same effect. I suspect this is really a Foobar issue and not a Wavpack issue.

Reply #3
That sounds like the exact same issue. Since wvgain.exe accurately reports the stored values, it would seem to be a case of Foobar not properly looking for it. In any case, this would seem to give me a couple of choices:

1. Use external cuesheets with my .wv files
2. Use embedded cuesheets and don't use ReplayGain.

Thanks Bryant (for your response and developing Wavgain).

Well, the actual problem is that WvGain does not really know how to scan images with cuesheets (it thinks it's just one long track).

A third solution would be to just use foobar's ReplayGain scanner for images and not bother with WvGain at all. I think that gives you everything you need.

Reply #4
I suspect this is really a Foobar issue and not a Wavpack issue.

Yes, fb2k dosen't support RG tags(Album Gain) in images - I remember it's the same with FLAC images also. As both WavPack and FLAC dosen't support cuesheets in their RG implementations, and since Album Gain dosen't need cuesheet support to work either, then i think it would be a good idea for fb2k to also check for Album Gain tags on images without RG info in there cuesheets. I have asked the fb2k devs about if they would consider implementing this or not, but they didn't cared to answer me, unfortunetly  Luckilly, then David did care, so that i atleast wasen't feeling totally ignored

Reply #5
Thanks Martin.