Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mogelbrod PanelsUI layout (Read 93900 times) previous topic - next topic

mogelbrod PanelsUI layout

mogelbrod foobar2000 layout 1.1a (1.2 beta1)
Last update: 2008-02-26 (2008-03-22)

Download @ deviantart.com (1.2 beta1)

After a failed attempt at creating a clean columns ui config I decided to go back to PanelsUI, although this time with simplicity and customizability in mind. No images are used and all the colors and fonts are changeable, although I created the layout based on my dark color scheme I use in the text editor EditPlus.

Changelog:

v1.2 beta1 - 2008-03-22
* Major overhaul for the root panel code.
* Added support for up to 3 columns, each with 1-5 separate panels.
* Tweaked track info panel once more.
* Stripped setup screen as some options are no longer available.

v1.1b - 2008-02-27
* Fixed the level of the volume bar to be able to reach 100%.

v1.1a - 2008-02-26
* Added album art panel support in sidebar.
* Album artist column added to playlist.

v1.1 - 2008-02-22
* Added playlist switcher (columns ui) support in sidebar.
* Added ability to add a channel spectrum panel in the track info panel, a csp-config has been provided to simplify setting it up.
* Added the ability to toggle all columns through the setup screen, and to also configure artist/album/title percentage widths which was previously only possible through coding.
* Tweaked track info extended/file/custom info positioning.

v1.0 - 2008-02-18
* Initial release.

Reply #1
Thanks man. This is a pretty nice layout. It works very well.

Reply #2
probably the best layout i've ever seen, nice work. really. 

Reply #3
glad you liked it, a new version is in development which adds playlist support through the columns ui playlist switcher panel, and possibly the ability to have an album art panel and spectrum.

Reply #4
definitely try to add an album art panel. that would b great

Reply #5
Very nice layout, I was really impressed with how simple but visually attractive it was. I like how neat you code as well, it was very easy to add a spectrum and lyric show to the side panel.

I do have a question though, I have never been unable to get the playcount to work. Im using a new foobar install with the components you listed for this layout as well as spectrum/lyric show. What options to i need to enable to get playcount to work? I had it set up to update the track/database as soon as the file plays but the counter never increases. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply #6
Great that my attempt at modularizing seems to have paid off for someone
When it comes to playcount, I'm using foo_playback_custom.dll v1.4.1 coupled with foo_custominfo 0.1.2 and the following critical options:
[checked] Custom Info -> Enable field processing in title formatting scripts.
[checked] Playback Statistics Custom -> Play Counter [PLAY_COUNT] [checked] Convert old tag... [PLAY_COUNTER] (default value might be PLAY_COUNTER here, I swapped them since %play_count% seemed to be the original variable for Playback statistics)
You might also wish to check/uncheck "Only tracks in the media library update playbnack statistics", I've got this unchecked as fb2k only plays stuff in my media library anyway but your case might be different.

Reply #7
Great that my attempt at modularizing seems to have paid off for someone
When it comes to playcount, I'm using foo_playback_custom.dll v1.4.1 coupled with foo_custominfo 0.1.2 and the following critical options:
[checked] Custom Info -> Enable field processing in title formatting scripts.
[checked] Playback Statistics Custom -> Play Counter [PLAY_COUNT] [checked] Convert old tag... [PLAY_COUNTER] (default value might be PLAY_COUNTER here, I swapped them since %play_count% seemed to be the original variable for Playback statistics)
You might also wish to check/uncheck "Only tracks in the media library update playbnack statistics", I've got this unchecked as fb2k only plays stuff in my media library anyway but your case might be different.

awesome, thanks. It was play_count vs play_counter that was messing things up. Thanks. Awesome layout btw.

Reply #8
I would like to thank you for such a brilliant layout! However, I'm having some trouble setting it up... every time i select mogelbrod.pui from the PanelsUI layout list and "Save All," it reverts to default.pui and there is no sign of mogelbrod at all, not even the configuration screen. I have tried with the latest beta version of foobar (v0.9.5.1 beta 2) and with the latest stable release (v0.9.5). Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I notice now that you have PanelsUI 0.14.9 beta listed as required, but I can't find this (or any version above 0.13.7) to download. Any tips? Installed PanelsUI 0.14.9 beta and everything works: http://brett.free.fr/foobar/foo_ui_panels_0.14.9.zip

EDIT 2: Okay, most everything works.  But the albums that show in the playlist view do not appear for me, it's just a long list of songs. How can I resolve this issue?

Reply #9
I would like to thank you for such a brilliant layout! However, I'm having some trouble setting it up... every time i select mogelbrod.pui from the PanelsUI layout list and "Save All," it reverts to default.pui and there is no sign of mogelbrod at all, not even the configuration screen. I have tried with the latest beta version of foobar (v0.9.5.1 beta 2) and with the latest stable release (v0.9.5). Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I notice now that you have PanelsUI 0.14.9 beta listed as required, but I can't find this (or any version above 0.13.7) to download. Any tips? Installed PanelsUI 0.14.9 beta and everything works: http://brett.free.fr/foobar/foo_ui_panels_0.14.9.zip

EDIT 2: Okay, most everything works.  But the albums that show in the playlist view do not appear for me, it's just a long list of songs. How can I resolve this issue?
Artist layout art is loaded from $get(artistPath)
For Album layout art it's $get(coverPath)
Check your user globals so that they are properly pointing to the correct paths

Reply #10

Artist layout art is loaded from $get(artistPath)
For Album layout art it's $get(coverPath)
Check your user globals so that they are properly pointing to the correct paths

Thank you vigge for that bit of information. I checked my user globals and they should be fine. Unfortunately, I'm very inexperienced with fb2k customization, so I would really appreciate a more in-detail description of how to incorporate album titles/art sections into the playlist view, as shown in vigge's animated screenshot. Is this done by manually editing something, or should it be working right off the bat from installing mogelbrod? I'll learn quickly, but I don't know where to start. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Reply #11
Thank you vigge for that bit of information. I checked my user globals and they should be fine. Unfortunately, I'm very inexperienced with fb2k customization, so I would really appreciate a more in-detail description of how to incorporate album titles/art sections into the playlist view, as shown in vigge's animated screenshot. Is this done by manually editing something, or should it be working right off the bat from installing mogelbrod? I'll learn quickly, but I don't know where to start. Thanks to everyone in advance!
Heh, I kinda misunderstood your first post, if you're looking for a way to display the album titles/art (called group headers in PanelsUI): click the topright arrow (tooltip: 'Sort/Group by') and select a different layout in the menu that should appear. If you haven't configured the sort/group presets you can do so first by rightclicking somewhere in the playlist, chose 'Sort / Group by' -> Edit and you'll be able to add and remove presets which can then be accessed through the topright arrow button. The available layouts in mogelbrod are currently 'Artist' and 'Album', which one of them to use in each sort/group preset can be controlled in the 'Sort / Group by' window.

Reply #12
v1.1 released

Reply #13
Perfect. Thanks for the help, vigge!

However, I do have another question.  Is there any way to add (the ID3 meta tag) "Album artist" as an option in the Sort/Group settings? I have a few "Various" artists albums, and it really clutters up my organization of Artist, both in the sidebar and in the playlist view when I set it to group by Artist.

Reply #14
Ctrl+P -> Panels UI -> Sort/Group -> go crazy creating new criterias

I'll add an album artist column for the next version by the way, which will  likely be released today.

Reply #16
i love this pui and why not add "stop" button into it .

I don't really see the point of having one, either you're playing a song or you're not ;P
Adding one is kinda straight-forward though, just paste the following inbetween the previous and play/pause button code (rightclick the playback controls area and click configure):
Code: [Select]
    $button2(
        $put(x,$eval($get(x) + $get(controlsW) + $get(padding))),
        $get(controlsY),
        0,0,$get(controlsW),$get(toolbarH),
        $get(symbol1)<,
        $get(symbol1H)<,
        Stop,
        TOOLTIP:"Stop"
    )

Reply #17
Very nice layout, I was really impressed with how simple but visually attractive it was. I like how neat you code as well, it was very easy to add a spectrum and lyric show to the side panel.

Hi, I'm really interested in how you managed to add your own panels? I would like to add a Lyric Show panel but am having trouble understanding the PanelsUI code enough to do so. All I've managed to do so far is replace the Track Info with Lyric Show, but that's not exactly what I want (I'd like them both!). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply #18
First of all, sorry about the delay of 1.1a, I've been quite busy lately. Anyway, here it is:

v1.1a - 2008-02-26
* Added album art panel support in sidebar.
* Album artist column added to playlist.

I still haven't added support for the lyrics panel, I'm facing some design issues since the sidebar is running out of space ;P Need to figure out whether or not to allow for more dynamic placement of panels. If I do implement this it's gonna take a nasty amount of code which I fear will slow down the rendering considerably.

delphine: Clicking 'Settings...' in the menu which appears when rightclicking the foobar2000 titlebar will bring up the "main" drawing code, where panel positioning and visibility is calculated. Each panels width, height, x and y position is calculated first (under //Calculate positions and dimensions) and then rendered further down in the code. If you wish to add a new panel you will need to calculate its dimensions and position and also make sure the other panels whose position and dimensions will be affected by the new panel have their values changed accordingly. I haven't got the time needed to write a complete tutorial on how to do it but here's a quick guide (can't guarantee that it'll work though as I haven't tested it myself):

Find //...hidden and paste the following line below it:
        $puts(lyricsH,0)

Find //Quicksearch positioning and paste the following to the row above it:
//Lyrics panel positioning
        $puts(lyricsH,$get(sidebarW))
        $puts(lyricsY,$get(y))
        $puts(y,$add($get(y),$get(lyricsH)))

Find
//=============
//Quicksearch toolbar
//=============

and paste the following on the rows above it:
//=============
//Lyrics panel
//=============

// Background
$ifgreater($get(lyricsH),0,$drawrect(
    $get(pMargin),
    $add($get(lyricsY),$get(pMargin)),
    $eval($get(sidebarW) - 2*$get(pMargin)),
    $eval($get(lyricsH) - 2*$get(pMargin)),
    brushcolor-$get(b.even) pencolor-$get(b.border)
),)
// PerTrack
$ifgreater($get(lyricsH),0,
    $panel(Lyric Show,Lyric Show,
        $get(pMP),
        $add($get(lyricsY),$get(pMP)),
        $eval($get(sidebarW) - 2*$get(pMP)),
        $eval($get(lyricsH) - 2*$get(pMP)),
    )
,)

Click OK and a lyrics panel should be drawn above the main sidebar panel. Good luck!

Reply #19
I'm glad to see so much going on with this.  I have even made my own customizations, like setting the background of the track info panel to the album art...

Under "//Track info"
$imageabs2(
        $add($get(infoW), 4),
        $add($get(infoW), 4),,
        $add(
            $div($add(
                $get(infoW), 4),
                2),
            $div($get(rowH), 2)),,,,,
        $get(coverPath),
        NOKEEPASPECT | ALPHA-127)

There is probably a much more efficient way to do this, but that's what I've come up with...

In 1.1a, I'm unable to toggle either the Album Art panel or the Spectralyzer to the checked position, but that's fine with me. Finally, the volume control panel refuses to be set to a value higher than 98%, for reasons to do with the area the mouse can actually access in that small space, I assume. Slightly annoying, and I'd like to fix it. Any feedback?

Reply #20
By "toggle ... to the checked position" you mean enabling (showing) the panels I assume? Are you sure you've got foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll and foo_uie_albumart.dll in your components folder?  If that's the case I'm clueless why you aren't able to check them :s

The volume panel stuck at 98% issue is known, afaik everyone should experience it as it (like you said if I got it right) seems to be caused by the width value of the volume power panel - as there's theoretically 1000 levels between mute and full volume it doesn't reach all the way up to 100% for most shorter widths. If you really want to be able to set the volume level to 100% you can try experimenting with the $puts(volumeW,100) variable in the controls panel.

Reply #21
this is just a little annoyance, but the track info does not update VBR files properly (i think it just displays the bitrate at the start of the song)

Reply #22
By "toggle ... to the checked position" you mean enabling (showing) the panels I assume? Are you sure you've got foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll and foo_uie_albumart.dll in your components folder?  If that's the case I'm clueless why you aren't able to check them :s

The volume panel stuck at 98% issue is known, afaik everyone should experience it as it (like you said if I got it right) seems to be caused by the width value of the volume power panel - as there's theoretically 1000 levels between mute and full volume it doesn't reach all the way up to 100% for most shorter widths. If you really want to be able to set the volume level to 100% you can try experimenting with the $puts(volumeW,100) variable in the controls panel.

Turns out I forgot to move the Spectrum dll into the components folder, and the Album Art dll was some ancient version. So all is well! I also managed a workaround for the Volume panel not reaching 100%.

Find:
$if(%panel_volume%,$setpvar(volumeLevel,%panel_volume%),)

And put the following below that line:
$ifgreater(%panel_volume%,970,$setpvar(volumeLevel,1000),)

So while the panel is any value above 97% (the closest you'll get is 96%), then it just jumps up to 100%.

Reply #23
Find:
$if(%panel_volume%,$setpvar(volumeLevel,%panel_volume%),)

And put the following below that line:
$ifgreater(%panel_volume%,970,$setpvar(volumeLevel,1000),)

So while the panel is any value above 97% (the closest you'll get is 96%), then it just jumps up to 100%.

this just causes the volume display to stay at 100% (although the volume updates fine when you try to adjust it)

Reply #24
this just causes the volume display to stay at 100% (although the volume updates fine when you try to adjust it)

I know, it's just a workaround, not a fix.  I'll leave that for someone who really knows what they're doing.