Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mogelbrod PanelsUI layout (Read 93328 times) previous topic - next topic

mogelbrod PanelsUI layout

Reply #50
Try restarting fb2k. If that won't work, make sure your playlist tree component is properly installed and replace the sidebar code with this (moved the pvar setting down to where it's actually read to make sure no funny business is going on):
Code: [Select]
//=============
//Sidebar
//=============

// Background
$ifgreater($get(sidebarW),0,$drawrect(
    $get(pMargin),
    $add($get(sidebarY),$get(pMargin)),
    $eval($get(sidebarW) - 2*$get(pMargin)),
    $eval($get(sidebarH) - 2*$get(pMargin)),
    brushcolor-$get(b.even) pencolor-$get(b.border)
),)
// PerTrack
$setpvar(sidebarPanel,Playlist Tree Panel)
$ifgreater($get(sidebarW),0,
    $panel($getpvar(sidebarPanel),$getpvar(sidebarPanel),
        $get(pMP),
        $add($get(sidebarY),$get(pMP)),
        $eval($get(sidebarW) - 2*$get(pMP)),
        $eval($get(sidebarH) - 2*$get(pMP)),
    )
,)

Reply #51
For me first string works like charm. Now I have to fight with playlist tree.. grrrR

Reply #52
Go to preferences -> panels ui -> edit layout -> scroll down....

interchange the indicated texts be wary of commas

Thanks, this worked well.

I encounter another problem. The albumArt in sidepanel ist working properly, but its not shown in the playlist view

Reply #53

Go to preferences -> panels ui -> edit layout -> scroll down....

interchange the indicated texts be wary of commas

Thanks, this worked well.

I encounter another problem. The albumArt in sidepanel ist working properly, but its not shown in the playlist view

Check the Preferences -> Panels UI -> User Globals settings and make sure the $puts(coverPath,...) and $puts(artistPath,...) variables are pointing to the correct image paths.

Reply #54
EDIT: Whoah I didn't even notice there was a page three, was replying to an issue on page two! Ignore this post!

Ever since adding the $setpvar(sidebarPanel,Playlist Tree Panel) line, the whole playlist section of my sidebar has been blank. I tried the above suggestions. Help!

Oh man this has been an ordeal. I think I've got it working now.

Reply #55
Check the Preferences -> Panels UI -> User Globals settings and make sure the $puts(coverPath,...) and $puts(artistPath,...) variables are pointing to the correct image paths.

Interesting point here: In my Panels UI Preferences the User Globals are still from FoomaroK!  How do I change these User Globals to the default?

Reply #56
Again, thanks alot, it's working now!

Reply #57

Interesting point here: In my Panels UI Preferences the User Globals are still from FoomaroK!  How do I change these User Globals to the default?

Not sure what the default values are, I'm using
$puts(coverPath,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.*))
$puts(artistPath,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,art\%artist%.*))

Reply #58
@ vige

Thanks, its working now.

Reply #59
[a href="http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs225&d=08104&f=foobar422.png" target="_blank"] I'm almost entirely happy with that, it looks great and browsing through is intuitive. Maybe when my tree will grow up or add new component I would like to have 2 sidebars...

thx vigge for this skin and support!

Reply #60
Maybe when my tree will grow up or add new component I would like to have 2 sidebars...

I'm planning on adding support for a third column, it's gonna take alot of work though so it might take some time.

Reply #62
simple and amazing config!...theres anyone who can help me to get the playlist swithcher?(between the album art and the filter list)

Reply #63
simple and amazing config!...theres anyone who can help me to get the playlist swithcher?(between the album art and the filter list)

Check this post for instructions on how to add panels to the sidebar (lyrics in the example, but can be used for most other panels if you replace some stuff).

Reply #64
I'm trying to replace the Filter/Playlist Switcher area of the sidebar with the Album List Panel without much luck. On a sidenote, the "RESCAN" button no longer sends all of the new songs to the "My Music" playlist, I have to send it manually with the Album List. Any fix for this?

Reply #65
I'm trying to replace the Filter/Playlist Switcher area of the sidebar with the Album List Panel without much luck. On a sidenote, the "RESCAN" button no longer sends all of the new songs to the "My Music" playlist, I have to send it manually with the Album List. Any fix for this?

I've never tested Album List Panel but the same instructions I gave for the Playlist Tree Panel exchange should apply.

Regarding RESCAN, it only rescans the library, doesn't update the playlist as far as I know (neither does for me, I have to hit RESCAN, rightclick the Library Filter, hit Reset, and reselect the filter I wish to use for the playlist to update). I'm not sure if it's possible in any other way.

Reply #66
I've never tested Album List Panel but the same instructions I gave for the Playlist Tree Panel exchange should apply.

Regarding RESCAN, it only rescans the library, doesn't update the playlist as far as I know (neither does for me, I have to hit RESCAN, rightclick the Library Filter, hit Reset, and reselect the filter I wish to use for the playlist to update). I'm not sure if it's possible in any other way.

When I first started using mogelbrod, my playlist was updated by itself when i rescanned... must have been a fluke!  But I'm not sure how to reference Album List Panel instaed of Playlist Tree Panel. Would the following be correct?
$setpvar(sidebarPanel,Album List Panel)

It's not working for me, but at this point I'm basically shooting in the dark.

Reply #67
So, a really silly question from me. I want to use your general theme colours (SC playlist, Filter, etc) in Columns UI, but when I copy-paste the info from your panels in Panel UI to the ones I have in Columns, text and backgrounds are black, except for the artist text and the amount of songs text, which are grey. The Filter window is completely black.

I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with your code, or with the fact that I'm using Columns. But I ask: Is it possible for you to make a version of your panels that work in Columns?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #68
So, a really silly question from me. I want to use your general theme colours (SC playlist, Filter, etc) in Columns UI, but when I copy-paste the info from your panels in Panel UI to the ones I have in Columns, text and backgrounds are black, except for the artist text and the amount of songs text, which are grey. The Filter window is completely black.

I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with your code, or with the fact that I'm using Columns. But I ask: Is it possible for you to make a version of your panels that work in Columns?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, it would be way to much work to work on two versions simultaneously. The standard color settings for the layout can be found when rightclicking the titlebar, chosing Settings and then clicking Globals. To be able to even access panels ui globals you will have to set them in the user globals window if you're using Columns UI as the base window component as far as I know.

Oscini: I'll get back to you, I'll have to test it myself before I'll be able to give you any solution.

Reply #69

Sorry, it would be way to much work to work on two versions simultaneously. The standard color settings for the layout can be found when rightclicking the titlebar, chosing Settings and then clicking Globals. To be able to even access panels ui globals you will have to set them in the user globals window if you're using Columns UI as the base window component as far as I know.

Oscini: I'll get back to you, I'll have to test it myself before I'll be able to give you any solution.

I understand. I'll try making my own, then, thanks.

Reply #70
So, how's it going?

I've noticed that my fb2k tray icon mouseover information doesn't stay current (artist and current track) while the player is minimized to the tray. Is this a PanelsUI issue? Can this be fixed?

Reply #71
So, how's it going?

I've noticed that my fb2k tray icon mouseover information doesn't stay current (artist and current track) while the player is minimized to the tray. Is this a PanelsUI issue? Can this be fixed?

I've been busy with other things, so the work on the layout is paused. Support has been added for three columns with up to 5 panels in each but as of now it's only possible to set them up through manual pvar setting. I might release a beta version without a updated setup screen if someone would be interested in trying it out though.

That's a PanelsUI limitation as far as I know - the layout code is only run when the window is visible and thus the information is not updated for the tray icon.

I still haven't gotten to test the Album List Panel, you're gonna have to wait a while longer =/

Reply #72
I've been busy with other things [...] you're gonna have to wait a while longer =/

Don't worry about it! You've been more than helpful already, not to mention already in our gratitude by concocting this wonderful layout in the first place. We all have lives to get to sooner or later.

Reply #73

So, how's it going?

I've been busy with other things, so the work on the layout is paused. Support has been added for three columns with up to 5 panels in each but as of now it's only possible to set them up through manual pvar setting. I might release a beta version without a updated setup screen if someone would be interested in trying it out though.

That's a PanelsUI limitation as far as I know - the layout code is only run when the window is visible and thus the information is not updated for the tray icon.

I still haven't gotten to test the Album List Panel, you're gonna have to wait a while longer =/

I would love to try this beta.

Reply #74
v1.2 beta1 - 2008-03-22

* Major overhaul for the root panel code.
* Added support for up to 3 columns, each with 1-5 separate panels.
* Tweaked track info panel once more.
* Stripped setup screen as some options are no longer available.

There's a small quickguide in the readme file provided, but if you don't want to mess around in the code I suggest sticking to 1.1.