Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_albumlist? hide track number but still order by it? (Read 5056 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_albumlist? hide track number but still order by it?

hello.
i like this component alot, and i edited the artist view that came with it, in which i removed the track number at the start of the name, since i didn't want to see "01. Song Name" when i open up the album.
so now it appears "Song Name", but now all the songs in the albums are sorted alphabetically.
so what i am asking, is it possible to sort by track (descending) but not 'see' the track number?
i hope you understand.
thank you very much.

Reply #1
AFAIK this is not possible currently.
In Panels UI, with the Library Filter you can display one thing and sort it by another.

Reply #2
ok well thank you for answering my question!
the library filtern is a different display mode to album list isn't it..
do you know of any 'album list like' display components. i don't care about seeing my songs graphicaly (like artweok etc) until i am actually playing them. that's why i liked the tree view.
thnak you!

Reply #3
If you use Default UI, you could use multiple columns in a Facets panel, sort by track number and then make the column width so small as to hide it. Facets has and always will be a Default UI-only component (unless someone creates a "reverse" dockable panels component).

Reply #4
hmmm ok.
thank you!

Reply #5
There's also Playlist Tree, which can organize and present things just about any way you please, but it's got something of a learning curve (and it may not work perfectly with the latest beta).

Reply #6
AFAIK this is not possible currently.
In Panels UI, with the Library Filter you can display one thing and sort it by another.

How can I do that? I want to sort the albums by year(e.g. %date% %album%) but display them as %album% '('%date')'

Reply #7
I think the instructions here should apply, somewhat.

The options for changing these are in the Preferences menu>Panels UI>Library Filter
Code: [Select]
ARTIST
    $if3(%album artist sort%,$meta(album artist),%artist sort%,%artist%)
    $ifequal($get(isSingle),1,! Singles,%date% - %album%)
    Disc %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

these are two ways of displaying the stuff. each line is a different tier in the category: under Artist, it checks for artist sort tags, then date/albums then disc/track/titles
in my library filter settings code:

$if($stricmp(%criteria%,%album artist sort%),
%album artist%,
$if($stricmp(%criteria%,%artist sort%),
%artist%,
$if($stricmp(%criteria%,%album sort%),
%album%,
$if($stricmp(%criteria%,%title sort%),
%title%,
$if($stricmp(%criteria%,Disc %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%),
$ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1,Disc %discnumber% - ,)%tracknumber% - %title%,
$if($stricmp(%criteria%,%date% - %album%),
$get(datedisplay) - %album%,
%criteria%
)
)
)
)
)
)
Which basically goes down the hierarchy of if statements checking for a match, replacing sort tags with actual info tags. If you only want to replace "%date% %album%" with "%album%" then you'd just use
$if($stricmp(%criteria%,%date% %album%),
    %album%
    %criteria%
)

There's also Playlist Tree, which can organize and present things just about any way you please, but it's got something of a learning curve (and it may not work perfectly with the latest beta).
Also, it's no longer supported by CWB