Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_bookmark (Read 40311 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_bookmark

I have uploaded the initial version of foo_bookmark.

This is a bookmark editor that creates and manages Winamp2/foo_uftS compatable bookmarks.  In addition to adding bookmarks, it also allows you to bookmark locations within a song.  I will be uploading a new version of foo_uftS soon which supports the bookmark location playback.

Edit: A screenshot would be nice...

foo_bookmark

Reply #1
Hey this seems promising. Does this work side by side with UFTS or in addition to it?

voltron

foo_bookmark

Reply #2
Hey this seems promising. Does this work side by side with UFTS or in addition to it?

Either with or without uftS. 

foo_bookmark is a standalone component - you can add, remove, edit, and use the bookmarks without having foo_uftS installed.  But if you do use uftS, any changes made in foo_bookmark will be immediately accessible in  uftS' Bookmarks context menu - and vice versa.  For example, editing a bookmark in foo_bookmark will change it in foo_uftS, and if you add a bookmark in foo_uftS, it will show up in foo_bookmark.

The current version of foo_uftS doesn't understand the song location bookmarking, but I should have a new version uploaded in a few minutes that handles it.  It will also have a menu item for opening foo_bookmark, if both are installed.

Edit:  One important caveat is if you use both foo_uftS and foo_bookmark, and are using a different bookmark directory than default, be sure to set both components to use the same directory.  Otherwise, you'll end up with 2 separate sets of bookmarks.

Also, I noticed a weird crash when closing Foobar with the foo_bookmark window open.  This only seems to occur if foo_wsgui.dll is installed, so you should do the smart thing and delete foo_wsgui...

foo_bookmark

Reply #3
Also, I noticed a weird crash when closing Foobar with the foo_bookmark window open.  This only seems to occur if foo_wsgui.dll is installed, so you should do the smart thing and delete foo_wsgui...

Trying to overthrow the competition eh?

foo_bookmark

Reply #4
NINJA!

anyways umm my idea is... either export all bookmarks to a playlist, or add all bookmarks to playlist? (maybe easier)

that way you can get a sort of favourites playlist.

oh yea maybe if there was a function to sort them alphabetically?

heh

foo_bookmark

Reply #5
NINJA!

I know jujitsu...

anyways umm my idea is... either export all bookmarks to a playlist, or add all bookmarks to playlist? (maybe easier)

that way you can get a sort of favourites playlist.

Would it be better to add an "Add All To Playlist" button, or make the list control multi-select and just have an "Add To Playlist" button?

foo_bookmark

Reply #6
A bookmark service would be cool.

foo_bookmark

Reply #7
Would it be better to add an "Add All To Playlist" button, or make the list control multi-select and just have an "Add To Playlist" button?

why not both?

if it has to be one or the other i suppose the multiselect, but make sure you can either shift select or ctrl+a to select them all

foo_bookmark

Reply #8

why not both?

if it has to be one or the other i suppose the multiselect, but make sure you can either shift select or ctrl+a to select them all

No reason, other than implementing both would require 2 buttons where 1 would do.

By making the list multiselect, you could select 1 or more entries just like you can in Explorer (Control+a for all, individual entries via shift/control).  Then you would click the "Add Selected To Playlist".

foo_bookmark

Reply #9
you made window is not correctly. i in grief

foo_bookmark

Reply #10
Its about friggen time! 

foo_bookmark

Reply #11
you made window is not correctly. i in grief

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.  Can you post more information and details?

foo_bookmark

Reply #12
just requesting the ability to drag the bookmark window larger (vertically & horizontally) and remember the size & position after doing so.  thanks for the great work on a much needed plug-in. luvin it so far

foo_bookmark

Reply #13
Cool plugin.  I wish it was available as a service so I could set/play bookmarks from my component  without relying on hotkeys, etc.

Setting is a no brainer but for the playing I'd love a way to provide foo_bookmark hotspots in the look that can act like "presets".  For example, the look designer could make a bank of hotspots that can be assigned to an entry in the bookmark file.  Sorta like FM presets on a car stereo.

section bookmark1
int command command.play_bookmark
int param 0 // play bookmark zero

One comment on the current implementation.

When foobar is stopped it appears that the add bookmark follows the focused item in the playlist but once you start plaback add bookmark always adds the currently playing song.

Thank

foo_bookmark

Reply #14
Cool plugin.  I wish it was available as a service so I could set/play bookmarks from my component  without relying on hotkeys, etc.

Setting is a no brainer but for the playing I'd love a way to provide foo_bookmark hotspots in the look that can act like "presets".  For example, the look designer could make a bank of hotspots that can be assigned to an entry in the bookmark file.  Sorta like FM presets on a car stereo.

If it were a service, there would be some interface for getting the list (in order) and/or playing a certain index.  In fact, that is already how foo_bookmark works internally. 

One thing to look (no pun intended) out for is that since bookmarks can be removed and maybe eventually sorted, your presets could change and/or disappear.  Most car stereos don't work like that...

When foobar is stopped it appears that the add bookmark follows the focused item in the playlist but once you start plaback add bookmark always adds the currently playing song.

Is this good for us or bad for us?

foo_bookmark

Reply #15

If it were a service, there would be some interface for getting the list (in order) and/or playing a certain index.  In fact, that is already how foo_bookmark works internally. 

One thing to look (no pun intended) out for is that since bookmarks can be removed and maybe eventually sorted, your presets could change and/or disappear.  Most car stereos don't work like that...

Is this good for us or bad for us?

Good point on the presets.  It would be up to the end user to make it work the way they want.  Even if I don't do the presets there might be other ways I could use a bookmark service.

On the following the focus thing I'm not sure what is best.

Is there a way to hook into foobars right click menu?  Then you could have add bookmark alwasy work against the now playing and use a right click menu item for adding from the playlist.

foo_bookmark

Reply #16
Is there a way to hook into foobars right click menu?   Then you could have add bookmark alwasy work against the now playing and use a right click menu item for adding from the playlist.

Depends on what you mean.  You can add to the conext menu, and you can list the installed context menu items.

foo_bookmark

Reply #17
Is there a way to hook into foobars right click menu?  Then you could have add bookmark alwasy work against the now playing and use a right click menu item for adding from the playlist.

Depends on what you mean.  You can add to the conext menu, and you can list the installed context menu items.

I think he was suggesting you add "Add Bookmark" to the fb2k context menu as an option.

foo_bookmark

Reply #18
Is there a way to hook into foobars right click menu?   Then you could have add bookmark alwasy work against the now playing and use a right click menu item for adding from the playlist.

I think he was suggesting you add "Add Bookmark" to the fb2k context menu as an option.

Yes, the context menu for the playlist entries.

foo_bookmark

Reply #19
That's what the contextmenu class is there for. 

foo_bookmark

Reply #20

Yeah, that is a good idea...I'll make it so.

foo_bookmark

Reply #21
just requesting the ability to drag the bookmark window larger (vertically & horizontally) and remember the size & position after doing so.  thanks for the great work on a much needed plug-in. luvin it so far

The window should already remember its position, but I'll look into making it resizable.

foo_bookmark

Reply #22
thanks aero!

foo_bookmark

Reply #24
I'm pretty sure Aero already knows how to resize a window.