Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Title Formatting Help (Read 4616 times) previous topic - next topic

Title Formatting Help

Can some one point me to a site that has the complete listing of title formatting syntax for FB2K v8.3.  The "titleformat_help.html" that is packaged with the installer is for FB2K v.7.  Specifically, I (was) am looking for the definaition "%_is_single%" in the html help file, but it isn't listed in the v.7 html help file.  Is there an updated html help file I can download, or is there a more comprehensive help site for title formatting?

Thanks

Title Formatting Help

Reply #1
titleformat_help.html is labeled as 0.7, but it is still valid for all versions up to 0.8.3. %_is_single% is not one of the fields provided by the player; I think it is a global variable defined and used by your Columns UI scripts.

Title Formatting Help

Reply #2
The content is still valid, I must agree, but it hasn't been updated to include new features. $tracknumber() comes to mind, and I think there were one or two other things too.

Title Formatting Help

Reply #3
Wiki

Title Formatting Help

Reply #5
Both %disc% and %discnumber% are mapped to $if3($meta(discnumber),$meta(disc)) in the latest betas. (The actual remapping is done in C++, but it has the same effect.)

Title Formatting Help

Reply #6
Wiki
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335465"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you.  That helps.

Title Formatting Help

Reply #7
Wiki
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335465"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

After linking to your suggestion I couldn't find a thing about formatting syntax associated with Columns UI.  Even clicking to Columns UI site page and then clicking to Columns UI formatting strings thread, there are numerous posts of people formatting their columns with "code."  Where did they find the syntax resource to do so?

OK, albeit I'm stupid, I guess it has to spelled out to me.  Where is the syntax resource?

Title Formatting Help

Reply #9
Both %disc% and %discnumber% are mapped to $if3($meta(discnumber),$meta(disc)) in the latest betas. (The actual remapping is done in C++, but it has the same effect.)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335468"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Isn't it:

$if3($meta(discnumber),$meta(disc),$meta(partinset)), because PARTINSET works with %disc% & %discnumber%...
</signature>

Title Formatting Help

Reply #10
No, the titleformatting code does not remap PARTINSET at all. It could be that it is translated to DISCNUMBER by the tag reading functions.

Title Formatting Help

Reply #12
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...at_Introduction
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...#General_Guides
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335601"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cosmo,

Used your links, very helpful, but nowhere, specifically, is the script syntax found "%_is_single%" anywhere.  If someone used this particualr syntax it should be found in the syntax list:

Code: [Select]
// text
$if(%_is_single%,$if(%_isplaying%,%_tplay%,%_normal%),
$select($min(5,%tracknumber%),
%_album%,%_album%,%_album%,%_album%,%_normal%))|

I cannot find "%_is_single%" anywhere.

Title Formatting Help

Reply #13
I'll have to quote foosion here:
titleformat_help.html is labeled as 0.7, but it is still valid for all versions up to 0.8.3. %_is_single% is not one of the fields provided by the player; I think it is a global variable defined and used by your Columns UI scripts.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335370"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Title Formatting Help

Reply #14
I'll have to quote foosion here:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335370"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335701"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You miss the point I am making.

Title Formatting Help

Reply #16
You miss the point I am making.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335715"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think so. Try going to prefs > Display > Columns UI > Globals tab. If it is a user-defined global variable, you'll find your definition of %_is_single% there in the form of is_single=blah. Note that this has changed to $set_global()/$get_global() in the columns ui betas for 0.9.
f to c to f to c

Title Formatting Help

Reply #17
You miss the point I am making.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335715"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think so. Try going to prefs > Display > Columns UI > Globals tab. If it is a user-defined global variable, you'll find your definition of %_is_single% there in the form of is_single=blah. Note that this has changed to $set_global()/$get_global() in the columns ui betas for 0.9.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335720"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Silverbolt,

You made the point I was looking for, or asking for, after reading what you described I looked where you specified:

Code: [Select]
// Singletrack
$if(%singletrack%,is_single=1,
$if($not(%tracknumber%),is_single=1,
$if($strcmp(1,$get(salbum)),$if($not(%album%),is_single=1),
$if($strstr($upper(%_directoryname%),$upper($get(single_indicator))),is_single=1,
$if($strstr(%_directoryname%,'=SINGLES='),is_single=1,
$if($strcmp(1,$get(replaya)),$if($not(%__replaygain_album_gain%),$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,is_single=1))))))))

After all the previous, (un)helpful, replys to my original question your reply was the only direct "puting my nose to the spot" point.

That was the point I was making, or asking.

Thanks for the help!!!