Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559637 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5225
I began to suspect it. I guess the same goes for Album List? So no:

Code: [Select]
-rating
   -rating 1 or greater
   -rating 2 or greater
   -rating 3 or greater
   -rating 4 or greater
   -rating 5

?

Multi-value field is an idea I haven't considered, thanks. Messes up the database though, doesn't it?

Columns UI

Reply #5226
i don't think it's very likely but who knows
you can assign one view to active playlist and other to filter result for browsing, but you probably know that

the dual playlist view implementation is somehow not very easy to accomodate
at least i don't think ELplaylist way is the best one because this way was accomplished with single column playlist view component even earlier
i posted earlier that in dual or even more views it would be easier if active playlist view is reflected by current focused window i.e. if i click on item in playlist view A that playlist should became active playlist, and then if i click in other playlist view B or C or whatever than that playlist should became active.
this way i think we can avoid unwanted playlist interaction betwen different views

Actually I think having two ELplaylists is fine if one of them will be Filter Playlist and inactive, which would be filled by the selected album/artist in Filters (single click), and the other one Playback list would be active aka real playlist and would either be filled by dragging and dropping stuff from Filters Playlist and/or by double clicking any album/artist.

This way you could browse your library and add stuff to playlist without disturbing playlist/track playback

P.S. musicmusic, anyway to add Folders view to Filters? I really like it from Facets. I just drop folders and it updates in 2-3 secs without any hassle of updating playlists/anything. ( yeah I know about $directory(%path%,2), but it's not really like what I want.)

Columns UI

Reply #5227
Seems one of the hard drives in the server my website is hosted on exploded (not literally), just to warn when my site is actually back some recent content may be gone (just foo_uie_albumlist and foo_dop as far as downloads go I think).

Columns UI

Reply #5228
Where can I adjust playlist sorting in NG playlist ? Everytime when I click Filter to a new artist, grouping is same (by album) but it get`s messed in sorting (by alphabetical and I want it to be by tracknumber) I tried search in here and looked through Playlist View in preferences but didn`t find it on my own knowledge :/

Columns UI

Reply #5229
there is option in filter settings, behaviour > sort incoming...

in other circumstances it can be adjusted in: preferences > global > sort incoming...

Columns UI

Reply #5230
there is option in filter settings, behaviour > sort incoming...

in other circumstances it can be adjusted in: preferences > global > sort incoming...

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5231
Does anyone know how I can show last played added etc in the item properties panel?

Columns UI

Reply #5232
you can use item details panel for that king of tags and you'll need to have playback statistics component installed

Columns UI

Reply #5233
@musicmusic

Is it possible to implement transparency or image backgrounds on the playlist switcher?

Also, is there any way to return the number of playlists?

Columns UI

Reply #5234
I want to make a custom rating filter that shows:

rating 1 or greater
rating 2 or greater
rating 3 or greater
rating 4 or greater
rating 5

I'm brooding over it for some time now (tried several $ifgreater formats), but I can't come up with anything that works. Anybody able to help?

for example RATING 4 OR GREATER:
$if($or($strcmp(%rating%,4),$strcmp(%rating%,5)),%rating%,)

you have to repeat that inside $or for those other filters... cannot think of a method to shorten it.

callisto
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Columns UI

Reply #5235
0.3.6.8 released. Mainly various bug fixes.

Which leaves the second-or-so delay from Filter. It is this long only when the "All" nodes are chosen in the top two filters, and theming does nothing to change it. I've checked again (it seems last time I was checking with some genre selected in Facets), with the same conditions, Facets updates 2-3 times faster, so there probably is some room for optimization, I hope.
I can probably do some things here, I'll have a look, thanks
Try the new build; it should generally be much faster at updating, except when you have a search query active. And it could probably do with a thrashing to make sure I didn't break anything.

Columns UI

Reply #5236
I have a problem with the sorting of tracks when using this plugin.

Here's the sorting of tracks working fine on certain albums:

Here's the sorting of tracks not working so well on other albums:

Columns UI

Reply #5237
It seems like Led Zeppelin album is multidisc and your sorting pattern doesn't include disc information nor you don't have such information in tags (i.e. fields DISCNUMBER and TOTALDISCS). First try filling tags and see if it will help.

Columns UI

Reply #5238
What's your grouping code? Seems to me that it causes the problem... aside from possible tagging inconsistencies.
e.g. why don't you use DISCNUMBER??? ...and your "correct sorted" screenshot has no correct order of tracknumbers

Columns UI

Reply #5240
What's your grouping code? Seems to me that it causes the problem... aside from possible tagging inconsistencies.
e.g. why don't you use DISCNUMBER??? ...and your "correct sorted" screenshot has no correct order of tracknumbers

Yes, well, I'm pretty much a foobar2000 noob, so the incorrect track number ordering I can live with...
However the splitting of the Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti discs like that is just a space waster.

I use a tagging program to tag my music, so I don't want to mess about with the tags myself. Is there a way I can just make foobar2000 treat it each disc as a seperate album, like it does for everything else?

Also: feel free to tell me how to fix the tracknumber order too!

Columns UI

Reply #5241
Try the new build; it should generally be much faster at updating, except when you have a search query active. And it could probably do with a thrashing to make sure I didn't break anything.
It is, thank you.  On par with DUI or so now.

Columns UI

Reply #5242
Yes, well, I'm pretty much a foobar2000 noob, so the incorrect track number ordering I can live with...
However the splitting of the Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti discs like that is just a space waster.

I use a tagging program to tag my music, so I don't want to mess about with the tags myself. Is there a way I can just make foobar2000 treat it each disc as a seperate album, like it does for everything else?

Also: feel free to tell me how to fix the tracknumber order too!

Since you say yourself you're fb2k noob I guess you didn't change any grouping code (as I see in your screenshots as well it's still %artist% / %album%)
How do you sort anyway? Do you just drag your folder into fb2k? then change the code at "general>sort incoming files by" (that at the moment should be %path_sort%) to for example:
%album artist%|%date%|%album%|%discnumber%|%tracknumber%|%title%

or try using "edit>sort>sort by..." which should be prefilled with a similar code.

If the problem still exists I'm sorry, then I need to know HOW EXACTLY you files are tagged.
Just to rely on any program that does the job for you is not the best way you can go... I think

callisto

Columns UI

Reply #5243
Hi musicmusic
Thank-you for continualy improving your plugin. 

A small request concerning Album list panel - instead of 'All music' as the name of the root node, can we have this to be the name of the current view?

Columns UI

Reply #5244
for example RATING 4 OR GREATER:
$if($or($strcmp(%rating%,4),$strcmp(%rating%,5)),%rating%,)

you have to repeat that inside $or for those other filters... cannot think of a method to shorten it.

callisto

Yes but it only works for the 1st if() condition. I for example came up with:

$ifgreater(%rating%,3,%rating%,)

which is essentially the same as yours.

I'd need something like: $ifequal(%rating%,4,$and(4,5),)  but of course $and doesn't work that way, or at least I can't come up with a syntax for it.

Columns UI

Reply #5245
Uhm sorry, I think I got that wrong... since the Filter Panel does not support multiple fields with titleformatting (look for yourself > help button) it's not possible without %rating% to be a multiple value field. But you could at least make 5 autoplaylists

EDIT: I guess it's not even possible with multivalue fields... I'm confused.

musicmusic, help!!^^

Columns UI

Reply #5246
You could just use %rating% and control/shift click the numbers you want to see.

Columns UI

Reply #5247
I've noticed that the cover shown in the artwork column flickers when Playback Statistics updates it's value after a minute of playing a track - could you perhaps add a check if the artwork has changed and skip whatever is causing it to blink (i.e. redrawing it) if it didn't?
np: 4'33"

Columns UI

Reply #5248
Hey, musicmusic, how about the "hide splitters" feature?
It was requested a long time ago, and haven't heard nothing new about it.
Please consider this implementation! I love Columns UI, but without this, I have to use the Panel Stack Splitter component.
Please...

Columns UI

Reply #5249
Two part question:

One:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching for this particular issue is difficult.

I'm looking for a way to change the sorting of artists so that the leading "The" is ignored when artists are sorted. I know it's been asked before, but performing a search has been unsuccessful.

Two:
Is there a way to split the filters into multiple columns? I'd like to be able to have the date tag appear in the album filter, like in this picture (I know facets has been built into the default UI, but I'm looking for a way to do this in CUI).