Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What resampler would you recommend besides SSRC v1.30? (Read 4276 times) previous topic - next topic

What resampler would you recommend besides SSRC v1.30?

A long time ago and after some careful lurking, I collected some adequate settings to use in SSRC:

Code: [Select]
ssrc.exe --rate 48000 --twopass --dither 1 --pdf 1 input.wav output.wav

if further processing is needed, I'd add --bits 24 to it. Now, the File I currently have to work on has a sample rate of 11026Hz as a result of slightly altering the framerate of its corresponding video. As expected, SSRC chokes on it. I wanted to know if you could recommend me something at least as good as SSRC with these settings for a case like this.

Reply #1
As expected, SSRC chokes on it.
I would say that is unexpected 

Try just ssrc --rate 48000 in.wav out.wav
edit: I tried this 11026->48000, and indeed it did choke.

I would go get the audio off the original un-altered video and go from there.

And always a good choice: foobar2000
Vorbis-q0-lowpass99
lame3.93.1-q5-V9-k-nspsytune

Reply #2
As expected, SSRC chokes on it.
I would say that is unexpected 

Try just ssrc --rate 48000 in.wav out.wav

I would go get the audio off the original un-altered video and go from there.

And always a good choice: foobar2000

I seem to recall a few threads in this forum where it was said SSRC can't deal with too big upsamples (like, say, 8x) or weird source rates like the 11026Hz of this file. Just to be certain, I tried your suggested settings, but those too didn't work.

Reply #3
Did you try dBpoweramp?  Make sure to turn on the professional SRC option.  It's worth a shot.

Reply #4
Did you try dBpoweramp?  Make sure to turn on the professional SRC option.  It's worth a shot.

I didn't try that, would you say it's at least as good as SSRC with the chosen settings?

By the way, what do you guys think about SRCDrop?

Reply #8
Another vote for SRC (the one rjamorim linked). You can read more about it here: http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/

Reply #9
It's good to read that it's a good replacement for SSRC. I was kinda wary to use it since (at least the Drop version) doesn't have much in the way of customization, but I fully trust you guys. Thanks for the advice  .