Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to rip DTS format CD? (Read 7098 times) previous topic - next topic

How to rip DTS format CD?

Today i've got a music CD in DTS format and i want to rip it to my computer correctly.
But I don't know what tool should be "exact".

I just tried with foobar2000,it produced a wav file.No player could play it...only noise...(well,I have tried with WMP , Foobar2000)
Then I change the file extension name from "wav" to "dts" and drag it back to foobar2000,it plays "well"(I can hear the music , really).

Though it worked by the way mentioned above,i don't think that is a perfect way.
I mean the *.wav header is still there.
How can i get a pure *.dts file?
Is there any gene container for dts stream?

How to rip DTS format CD?

Reply #1
EAC can do the CD extraction work very well, including the DTS-CD, AC3 CD and HDCD (exact bit extraction).

I guess you may need foo_dts.dll plugin installed into foobar2000, to make it DTS-WAV playbackable.

As for the wav header, you can use any wave editor, like GoldWave, to get rid of it. In GoldWave editor window, load the DTS-WAV file first. If you need to specify the format (PCM), samplerate, bit depth and the channel counts, I guess the file you want to load is a pure *.dts file which is changed the file extension into *.wav. If there's no format specify window, that is to say, it loads well and shows a constant noise wave, then save it into raw format (*.snd or *.raw), 16-bit signed stereo, and change the output *.raw/snd file into *.dts.

This is the only way that can change the DTS-WAV into pure DTS data. I guess you want the DTS-CD file compatible with DVD, right? DTS-CD has a definitely different samplerate from the DTS used in DVD, as this difference occurs between Audio CD and the PCM/AC3/DTS/MP2 tracks used in DVDs. So you have to re-encode the DTS-CD after extraction, into DVD compatible DTS files.