Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar artist / album artist (Read 3040 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar artist / album artist

Hello all,

I tried to search the existing topics but could not find something similar to my problem.

What i would like to see the difference between artist / album artist if those two fields are different from each other.

• if Artist: x and Album Artist x+y then Album Artist x+y 's color should be blue and in italics formatting.
  • if Artist: x and Album Artist x  then there will be no change.

Please see the attached image.

Thanks in advanced,

Re: Foobar artist / album artist

Reply #2
I have no knowledge of coding but can only state my problem  :)

Thank you for the response anyway

Reply #3
Some half solution: $if(%track artist%,$rgb(255,128,0)%album artist%,%album artist%)

Not sure about italic (or bold or underline either) code, and it will not deal with multivalue fields. For them we need to use "album artist" (without quotes and with no percentage signs), but then formatting isn't supported. Maybe not even $if commands...

If there's a solution, would like to know it myself too!

EDIT: Haven't used Facets in ages, but maybe that can do the job? It's DUI only though.

Reply #4
Thank you for effort and reply.

Using your script gave me those results.

If artist and album artitst has same values the output is ",artist"  check green rectangles

if album artist has two different values the output is "album artist1, album artist2, album artist1, album artist2"   check yellow rectangles

if album artist has more than three different values the output is "album artist1, album artist 2, album artist 3"   check pink rectangles

Please see the attached screenshot

Reply #5
Oops, sorry, there's one parenthesis too many posted above, edited it out.

Reply #6
 :) Thank you very much.

Just one more last question ..how to sort album artist column alphabetically ?  :o

As you can see the album artist field with more than two diffrenet values are sorted after '50 Cents' then continued after 'xxx maniak'

Reply #7
Filters always gave me troubles, so unfortunately, don't know. Seems it sorted together every color formatted album artist, right? But weird place to start, between 50 and 1200, would've make more sense if it started somewhere after Abhorrent...

Reply #8
I will continue to research. Thank you once again.

Reply #9
CUI Filter panels generally sort by the text they display. This includes titleformatting stuff like color coding. I've personally been abusing this with zero width spaces to force-sort certain things without giving any hint of what's going on visually.

Also you can't use titleformatting at all if you want to properly use multivalue tags (separating each artist into their own lines). There's no way to use italic or bold formatting in any way.

As others have suggested, why not just use %track artist% in one of your panels? It'll show all the tracks that are different without cluttering your view with those that you could have already selected in your Album Artist panel.

Reply #10
Out of the blue album artist column changed the sorting today.

I am still using the same code the OoNebsoO provided. (just changed the rgb values ?)

Code: [Select]
$if(%track artist%,$rgb(11,193,215)%album artist%,%album artist%)