Skip to main content

Topic: remove duplicate tags? (Read 242 times) previous topic - next topic

• b.it
  • [*]
remove duplicate tags?
Hi all,

I just noticed that I have a bunch of AIFs with duplicate id3 (v 1.24) key and bpm tags. For these files fb2k displays the "%bpm%" value as "120,120". I found out that it's easy to work around this issue for display purposes  - if2($meta(bpm,1),$meta(bpm,0)) -  but I have not found a way to strip the redundant tags completely from the files.

Is this possible with fb2k and if yes, could someone please point me in the right direction?

best regards,
b.it

• jazzthieve
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: remove duplicate tags?
Reply #1
The right direction would probably be in metadata properties -> tools -> automatically fill values.
For your given example, Source: %bpm% and pattern %bpm%; does the trick.
  • Last Edit: 11 August, 2017, 07:50:04 AM by jazzthieve

• marc2003
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #2
First I'd find the affected files only using library search...

Code: [Select]
"$meta_num(bpm)" GREATER 1

then highlight the results, right click>Properties, right click the bpm field>format from other fields and enter

Code: [Select]
$meta(bpm,0)

• b.it
  • [*]
Reply #3
Thanks, Marc. The 'format from other fields' does the trick

• b.it
  • [*]
Reply #4
Note to self: never report success before you closed the dialog window.

The 'format from other fields' approach fails with a "Could not update tags (Unsupported format or corrupted file) on:" error message (same one as when I try to edit the tag manually)

:(

• marc2003
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #5
Well I don't know anything about AIF (is that AIFF??) files but my suggestion would be converting them to something like FLAC or Apple lossless which has proper tagging support.