Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: remove duplicate tags? (Read 859 times) previous topic - next topic

remove duplicate tags?

Hi all,

I just noticed that I have a bunch of AIFs with duplicate id3 (v 1.24) key and bpm tags. For these files fb2k displays the "%bpm%" value as "120,120". I found out that it's easy to work around this issue for display purposes  - if2($meta(bpm,1),$meta(bpm,0)) -  but I have not found a way to strip the redundant tags completely from the files.

Is this possible with fb2k and if yes, could someone please point me in the right direction?

best regards,
b.it

Re: remove duplicate tags?

Reply #1
The right direction would probably be in metadata properties -> tools -> automatically fill values.
For your given example, Source: %bpm% and pattern %bpm%; does the trick.

Reply #2
First I'd find the affected files only using library search...

Code: [Select]
"$meta_num(bpm)" GREATER 1

then highlight the results, right click>Properties, right click the bpm field>format from other fields and enter

Code: [Select]
$meta(bpm,0)

Reply #3
Thanks, Marc. The 'format from other fields' does the trick

Reply #4
Note to self: never report success before you closed the dialog window.

The 'format from other fields' approach fails with a "Could not update tags (Unsupported format or corrupted file) on:" error message (same one as when I try to edit the tag manually)

:(

Reply #5
Well I don't know anything about AIF (is that AIFF??) files but my suggestion would be converting them to something like FLAC or Apple lossless which has proper tagging support.