Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ver 1.3.16 eats memory and it looks not manage LargeFieldsConfig.txt (Read 1711 times) previous topic - next topic

ver 1.3.16 eats memory and it looks not manage LargeFieldsConfig.txt

Hello, with ver 1.3.15 all OK and only 1.8 GB RAM used to catalog all my archives.

New ver 1.3.16 simply eats up all the RAM available, looking not managing LargeFieldsConfig.txt as well, and then crashes when passing 2.2 or 2.3 GB RAM usage.

My PC is a 32 bit Win 7 with 4GB RAM.

Regards
Andrea

Re: ver 1.3.16 eats memory and it looks not manage LargeFieldsConfig.txt

Reply #1
crashes when passing 2.2 or 2.3 GB RAM usage.

My PC is a 32 bit Win 7
Because you are running a 32-bit version of Windows each process can not use more than 2 GB of RAM.

Apart from that I guess it's occuring because you have a lot and/or big ZIP/RAR/other archives files in the folders you are using.
Read this thread: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,114373.0.html

Reply #2
Yes, I know, but ver 1.3.15 had NOT this issue when used with the proper LargeFieldsConfig.txt

I was happily using it since the upgrade

Reply #3
LargeFieldsConfig seems to work just fine according to my tests. I limited all strings to 10-20 characters and saw placeholder dots in media library with v1.3.16. I did see a slighly larger memory use with 1.3.16 than with 1.3.15 after scanning media library contents, but the difference was only in kilobytes.
What kind of memory use did you see with 1.3.15? I attached the previous version installer here in case you want to test. It's safe to install over the .16.

Reply #4
Hello Case,

stated clearly that no change has been on the library, so exactly same set of 5 hdds, with ver 1.3.15 my Win 7 32bit PC recorded a memory usage of about 1.8-1.9 GB using the LargeFieldsConfig.txt config I attach herein.

With the current ver 1.3.16, the memory usage exceeds the 2.2-2.3 GB bringing the application to crash.
Of course, same LargeFieldsConfig.txt config used.

What else can I check to try to solve the problem?

Many thanks
Regards
Andrea

Reply #5
Hello Case,

I reinstalled ver 1.3.15 and I got a surprise: now it allocated up to 2.5 GB of memory!
Please refer to the attached snapshot.

I don't know why this happen.
I can just guess that it may depend on some Windows updates installed over the last few weeks.

I went for vacation in July and I updated from 1.3.15 to 1.3.16 only recently and after having fully updated Windows too.

Regards
Andrea

Reply #6
And herein the actual memory usage of the ver 1.3.16 (after reinstallation).

Both version with the current "updates" level of Windows 7 32bit have similar memory usage.

Regards
Andrea