Skip to main content

Topic: ZIP file size for opening? 7zip support (Read 610 times) previous topic - next topic

ZIP file size for opening? 7zip support
Hi, I have a zip file created with windows, which I could open in foobar earlier without problems. I added new music into it, but now it looks like it cant open it anymore. Is there a file size limit to it?

And could you please add 7z (lzma2) support?

• lvqcl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Re: ZIP file size for opening? 7zip support
Reply #1

Reply #2
I am not looking for an addon! Especially one which is that old!

• foosion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
The foo_unpack_7z component has not been changed since 2013 because there was no need for it, not because it was abandoned. The author is still active in the foobar2000 community and is even one of the people working on the mobile edition. There is no reason to avoid the component because of its age.

Regarding your ZIP problem, can you tell which version of foobar2000 first had problems with this particular file?
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000

Reply #4
Hi, ah ok I thought it is just old, but it would be still nicer if it would be included in foobar.

I cannot tell exactly when the problem started, but I think it was one of the last 2 or 3 versions. I can open smaller zip files, but not big. If I extract the zip file and open a 7z with the same content (with this addon), it opens like it should.

Reply #5
I tried beta 4 of new version, but still not working, only smaller zip files are working.

• Case
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Reply #6
I created a 4.5 GB ZIP file and foobar2000 indeed can't open it. I assume zlib that foobar uses does support it, just requires some special code.

• Peter
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #7
ZIP64 format is now supported (1.3.12 beta 3).

Reply #8
Hi, tested it and it works :D THX for that fix.

7zip supprt would be nice too (without extension).

Reply #9
i installed the 7z support component to foobar2000 latest version (1.3.16), but it does not open any zip file (zipped folder or zipped file). i get error message "unsupported file".

i am using .wav files, and i think that's the reason, because with zipped mp3 files it does work.

does it work with flac as well?

and does anybody know if there will be wav support?

thanks!

PROBLEM SOLVED (for me). i will use FLAC instead. thought there is a difference when someone sings s or f, but ther is no difference. and it makes no sense to zip a flac (for me)
  • Last Edit: 11 August, 2017, 08:15:47 AM by hakadespra