Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar (Read 380941 times) previous topic - next topic

HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar

Reply #900
It's probably because of last.fm who corrects artist tag from "Snoop Doggy Dogg" to "Snoop Dogg". I'm sorry, my fault

indeed. this is covered in the readme. although it might look like a wall of text that makes your eyes glaze over, it does cover some important points.

Reply #901
Hi, I'm having trouble to get the script running on my foobar UI,

Reply #902
Ok, solved my problem, I copied the file wrongly. Works fine now. 

P/s - I can't edit my post above..

Reply #903
Hey Guys,
It seems like i copy it wrongly too. I got the same error and im getting frustrated. I just copy pasted playcountsync into the wsh mod by clicking configure. Can somebody give me a hint ?

Reply #904
check the instructions in the bundled readme.pdf file. it's important that you follow all the steps.

Reply #905
Just wanted to install this script on a new box. There's a problem, though. It seems the site which hosted foo_customdb was taken down for good.

Reply #907
Thanks, marc!

Reply #908
hi marc, im using your lastfm love button, what i would like to do now is paint in red the title of all the lastfm loved songs, which script should i use?

Reply #909
you need to be using a playlist viewer that supports $rgb. either EsPlaylist or NGplaylist in columns UI. you can customise a column something like....

Code: [Select]
$ifequal(%LASTFM_LOVED_DB%,1,$rgb(255,0,0),)%title%

Reply #910
works, thanks

Reply #911
I have often crashes foobar.
Problem caused by: foo_customdb.dll: Custom Database
Known buggy component.

Does anyone know, whether the update of this plugin?

Reply #912
there is no update.

however, i've never seen or heard of it crash using the configuration file i provide. i mention in the readme that if you don't use foo_customdb for anything else then you should use the configuration folder that i bundle in the zip.

but if you manually configured the entries into an existing foo_customdb setup, it's very likely that the original settings are at fault - at least that's what i found with my testing. i found it crashed quite often which is why i supply my "stripped down" setup.

Reply #913
marc2003, i'm use exactly your configuration file from the zip archive.
crc32: f090008d

Reply #914
well the obvious thing to try is removing the component. if it stops crashing after that then it looks like it is to blame. you used the word "often" so you shouldn't have to wait long to find out.

if it really is the cause then i'm sorry but i can't do anything about it.

Reply #915
Thank you for your wonderful work.

foo_customdb keeps crashing with foobar 1.3b5 (with your config+customdb_sqlite.db is 1.2mb+there is column with %LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT_DB%)
The log messages are something like 'Custom Database: library routine called out of sequence (21)'

If I start the same config+the same .db with smaller library everything works fine. And anyway 1.2.9 works flawless.

Also is there any way to trigger last.fm sync on foo_uPnP track changes with foobar acting as server?

Reply #916
perhaps the db file got corrupted? you could close foobar and deleting the db file and re-importing. try Library Import>from file first as the previously downloaded data should still exist. it might be out of date depending on how many tracks you've played since. failing that, doing an import from the website again would be the next step. of course if was the same file that worked on 1.2.9 then it probably isn't this. i just don't know what else to suggest.

if you like, i can test your last.fm userid if you let me know what it is. either here or via PM would be fine.

as for your upnp question, i have no idea how that works. my script relies on it being notified of a new track starting by the foobar2000 core. i think it's impossible to detect what any 3rd party component might be doing.

Reply #917
Thanks for the answer. I've done a deeper research: re-imported whole library from last.fm (~650 pages)), removed all playlists and got 1.3 working fine.

So I've found autoplaylist causing crashes:
(%PLAY_COUNT% GREATER 0 AND %length% LESS 00:09:00 AND %length% GREATER 00:01:30) ~ 19030 works fine
comparing to
(%LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT_DB% GREATER 0 AND %PLAY_COUNT% GREATER 0 AND %length% LESS 00:09:00 AND %length% GREATER 00:01:30)
causing crashes and a lot of 'Custom Database: library routine called out of sequence (21)' messages

Well, I believe its a matter of new 1.3  playlists engine and there is nothing we can do =(

Reply #918
i'm kind of surprised it's working with that many tracks. i know i've had people complain in the past when they've had 10's of thousands of tracks saying foo_customdb slows down foobar too much. but it seems you have 65,000 odd?? 

i have less than 2000 tracks which is why i never have any issues myself. 

i have no idea why changes in 1.3 would affect this as i thought it was only for longer fields only. the max length you'll see in my database is 3 digits for playcounts in the hundreds. or 4 if you've listened to a track over a thousand times but that's not likely.

Reply #919
Dear Sir
I am really appreciated your work
Now I want to enlarge the Love button in WSH panel. I try to replace the icon with larger image with the same name but it keeps same small size
I think I need to change something in the script
PLEASE ADVISE ME FOR THIS THING
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Reply #920
right click panel>configure. line 19 is this:

b.buttons.ps = new button(0, 0, ps.size, ps.size, {normal: ps.n, hover: ps.h}, ps.func, ps.tooltip);

replace ps.size with your image dimensions (width then height)

line 22 is

window.RepaintRect(b.buttons.ps.x, b.buttons.ps.y, 32, 32);

you need to replace both instances of 32 only if your image is bigger. (again it's width first, then height)

Reply #921
right click panel>configure. line 19 is this:

b.buttons.ps = new button(0, 0, ps.size, ps.size, {normal: ps.n, hover: ps.h}, ps.func, ps.tooltip);

replace ps.size with your image dimensions (width then height)

line 22 is

window.RepaintRect(b.buttons.ps.x, b.buttons.ps.y, 32, 32);

you need to replace both instances of 32 only if your image is bigger. (again it's width first, then height)

AWESOME!!!! SIR!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Reply #922
I recently updated my computer and the added date problem reared its ugly head again for DADA scores and so on (I might edit it to disregard added date since it's causing so much trouble). Anyway, when searching about any updated info for last.fm "first played" date in the API, I came across this:

http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Servi...21604/_/2218628

Is that usable in any way, you think?

Reply #923
that's only the first played date per artist. i don't see how that is useful.

Reply #924
Oh yeah I see, I didn't read it properly. That sucks  So frustrating when websites keep information to themselves like that.