Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request - Display mp3 associated T-Frame values in Properties? (Read 1866 times) previous topic - next topic

Request - Display mp3 associated T-Frame values in Properties?

I could not find an existing thread on a FB2K wish-list, sorry if there is one somewhere and I missed it.    It would be helpful if when displaying an mp3's tags in "Properties" that an additional column existed to display the file's actual T-frame name (e.g., TCON, TXXX, etc.)  associated with the interpreted tag name (non-updateable, of course).  This would be helpful when debugging inconsistencies between different tagging software's displays, since they don't all interpret the frames the same way.  I've used a couple of separate utilites to do this but it is much more cumbersome to do it outside of FB2K.  There doesn't seem to be anything like this in MP3tag either.  If there was an additional column called something like "Frame Name" right next to "Name" and "Value" in the "Metadata" portion of Properties for the file that would be really cool.    Love FB2K, thanks for making such a lean, yet feature-rich and cool player!

Reply #1
I am not sure if i would like to have it in the properties but indeed: a diagnostic mean to watch the file frames out from foobar2000 directly is very, very useful.

Reply #2
I second this request. But please make sure that really everything is displayed. Also custom frames like itunescomment etc.

Reply #3
With the v1.1.15 changes to RATING tag now writing to the POPM frame, am giving this thread a bump to ask again if development could provide a place to see the originating tag frame for the tags displayed in "Metadata" in "Properties", since the RATING tag can now be coming from a TXXX user frame or a POPM frame, but Properties just says "<RATING>" in either case (no way to know its frame origin without going to some other software or a hex editor to view).