Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Music Catalogues (Read 1361 times) previous topic - next topic

Music Catalogues

I've been using Tag and Rename to list all my music, and use it to install and edit tags, titles artists etc.
Unfortunately my music collection has now grown to the extent that the program can't cope, I think I'm exceeding buffer limits.
Can anyone recommend a likely alternative that can deal with large collections (>10,000)

Tkanks
Alex
Thunder Bolt

Strikes where least expected!

Re: Music Catalogues

Reply #2
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Thunder Bolt

Reply #3
mp3tag
foobar2000

Reply #4
I use Picard https://picard.musicbrainz.org which also works well and supports a variety of formats
There are lots of plugins available.

Regardless of your choice trying to do a large library in one session is not advised. Do it iteratively, maybe one artist or album at a time and see if you and your music players like the results. You should backup your library before you start of course…

Reply #5
I got my progs mixed up. My current cataloguer is Music Express, not Tag & Rename, which I also use.
I don't want to play the library, just be able to search for different artists, titles etc. and to access various statistics about the collection
Music Express does a great job, but just can't cope with a large library.
Thunder Bolt