Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to mount a TAK image? (Read 6396 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to mount a TAK image?

Hello all,

Is it possible to mount a TAK image using the cue sheet generated by REACT2?  I just tried using MagicDisc and got an error.

Thanks for the help!

Reply #1
Why do you want it?

Reply #2
you can't mount just any CUE sheet

are you thinking about CUE sheet for BIN image?

Reply #3
I doubt it. Any virtual drive program would have to support TAK to do this, and it's a relatively unpopular format. Edit: And, like lvqcl, I don't understand why you would want to do this.

Reply #4

well the most obvious non-reason would probably be cause he thinks he could 'rip' it, either to verify with AR and/or to split tracks from a single file image.

Reply #5
Some of the first CD-ROM games had their ingame music as Audio CD tracks...

Reply #6
well the most obvious non-reason would probably be cause he thinks he could 'rip' it, either to verify with AR and/or to split tracks from a single file image.

And here's the bit where foobar2000 is recommended again.

Some of the first CD-ROM games had their ingame music as Audio CD tracks...

I know, but to mount images of such CDs their audio tracks will need to be in a supported format--i.e. separate WAV or MP3 file(s) for most programs, and perhaps in the same BIN file as the data in some cases (but I know little about this method). I don't think (m)any virtual drive apps even support FLAC, the most popular lossless format.

Reply #8
Sorry for not replying sooner.  I didn't get any email notification of your replies.

I have a Zune.  The Zune software uses the Zune marketplace for metadata and uses that data in its Smart DJ feature.  This means that all of my meticulously tagged mp3s aren't getting the full benefit of the Zune software.  There are lots of ways I can correct this, but I though one of the easiest would be to mount the CD image and use the Zune software to "rip" and natively tag the the mp3s.

Reply #10
Sorry I missed the most important word: MOUNT

I've tried Daemon Tools and ImgBurn, both TAK and FLAC fail to mount.

But in Foobar2000 TAK can works with cuesheet, seems not all application support this.

---Sample Cuesheet---

REM GENRE Anime
REM DATE 2010
REM DISCID --------
REM COMMENT ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb5
PERFORMER "----"
TITLE "----"
FILE "----------.tak" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "----"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -9.95 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.986786
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
Hong Kong - International Joke Center (after 1997-06-30)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021