Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CueMounter released (Read 4459 times) previous topic - next topic

CueMounter released

CueMounter makes it easier to use audio disc images - .cue and an audio file. It mounts them as a virtual drive and allows you to explore the tracks inside as separate .wav files, play, analyze and recode them, without any intermediate storage.
You can use it to:
  • Split audio CD images to tracks, recode them to other formats or perform any other operation that is normally executed on temporary files, avoiding that overhead.
  • Decode all the supported audio files to wavs on the fly, avoiding hard disk usage and overhead
  • With the new AuCDTect integration: seamlessly analyze your compressed lossless tracks - one click away.
    • The only solution to analyze compressed files with AuCDTect without the need for temporary files or other hard disk usage
    • You can perform album analysis directly on audio CD images, without the need to split them
  • Use audio CD images split by tracks with software unaware of cue files transparently
  • Use the RAM Disk mounted under ramdisk for fast and painless temporary storage

• Supported audio formats: .ogg, .wav, .mp3, .aac, .ac3, .m4a, .ape, .mpc, .tta, .flac, .wma, .wv
  • Supported cue sheet styles: single file, multiple tracks audio cue sheets (most of the ripped CDs)
  • Supports reading audio tags when mounting audio files

• Project hosting and downloads: http://cuemounter.codeplex.com

CueMounter released

Reply #1
I've just released version 0.5. It contains some bug fixed and can be considered stable. The automatic AuCDTect scanning is also more stable.
A good addition is a portable version, which requires no installation (just unzip). Dokan is still required to be installed, as it work as a kernel mode software.
Both the portable version and the installer, and Dokan, can be downloaded from http://cuemounter.codeplex.com

CueMounter released

Reply #2
thanks a lot...
_

CueMounter released

Reply #4
Thank you for your release.

Could you please explain how the needed "Dokan library" component works? Will it emulate an optical drive similarly like Daemon Tools, Virtual CloneDrive and some other usual emulators? Is it known to cause any conflicts with other installed emulators? Does it replace any original Windows components? Does it show up as a new SCSI/RAID controller & an optical drive in Device Manager? Does it have a properly working uninstaller? Etc...

I visited the Dokan site and tried to find answers, but obviously the site is not intended for users that use a specific application that is based on the Dokan library.

CueMounter released

Reply #5
I found this article: http://softwareobjects.net/technology/2010...em-prototype-2/ . If I understood correctly, a mounted "Dokan" drive emulates a regular storage drive, not a drive with the features of a CD/DVD drive.

If possible, I still would like to know a bit more about its features, appearance, etc before installing it and .NET 4. (I have avoided installing all previous .NET versions until I have really needed them.)

CueMounter released

Reply #6
It emulated wav files mounted in a regular disk drive - it's intended purpose is written in the project description on CodePlex - suit recoding to other formats, scanning with AuCDTect, etc - all operations that are most comfortable with wav files as they are so common. It also contains a ram disk (files hosted entirely in memory) which provides great speed and no disk usage when handling temporary files.
A very key feature is integration with AuCDTect (you can see it in the screenshots). It provides on-the-fly scanning with full multicore support (it will use all the cores your system has) and report track by track the results from the scan.

As for Dokan - I'm using it together with Alcohol, VMWare, DaemonTools - all of which advanced system software and have found any glitches yet - it operates as a kernel mode driver, but it doesn't alter anything - it just hooks there. Therefore, it is simple and safe to deinstall. Dokan installation is required, as it hooks a few things in the kernel.
However, application installation is not required - the installer is available, but optional. You can just download the application zip and use it from anywhere. The application itself doesn't modify the system in any way (not even registry entries).

Also, I'm uploading some screenshots, enjoy.