Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPC Evangelism Via Soulseek (Read 8525 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC Evangelism Via Soulseek

The past 5 people that have tried to download music from me on soulseek have mistakenly clicked on mpc files, thinking they were mp3s.  Well, what could i do but direct them here, and to RareWares!  I think they actually will start looking for mpcs now!  I told them it was better quality, and they couldn't thank me enough!
地獄

Reply #1
I've heard about soulseek already but I don't know what it is, it's a  kind of a file sharing program? or what?, sorry for my ignorance
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Reply #2
maybe we soulseek users should supply links in our personal information.

don't know if this is a good idea though. maybe some people will associate this site with piracy.

Reply #3
I've heard about soulseek already but I don't know what it is, it's a  kind of a file sharing program? or what?, sorry for my ignorance

Yeah, go to http://www.slsk.org

The program could definitely use a lot of tweaking, but it works well enough I suppose..

Reply #4
It's the best filesharing program out there.  But, ill understand if the mods want this topic gone.
地獄

Reply #5
It's the best filesharing program out there.  But, ill understand if the mods want this topic gone.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, but dammit! It is [a href="http://www.slsknet.org]http://www.slsknet.org[/url]

SOULSEEK IS FREE! IF SOMEONE TRIES TO CHARGE YOU FOR IT, TELL HIM TO GO F**K HIMSELF!!

Reply #6
A two years, three months and two weeks resurrection. Nearly a record!
Anyway, welcome to Hydrogenaudio

Reply #7
A two years, three months and two weeks resurrection. Nearly a record!
Anyway, welcome to Hydrogenaudio
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307406"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And a thread that probably should have been recycled, no less.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Reply #8
slsk is THE file sharing platform especially for and from the idm electronica scene. And the "i do my own stuff at home with fl and wanna share it" scene.
Of course all those blowflies who are sharing titney and jacko are there as well, meanwhile.

Reply #9
+ the search function might actually start working properly when the new version becomes the standard

Reply #10
those are the people asking in newbie forums how to convert mpc to mp3 ^^

Reply #11
Nowadays, soulseek is less interesting as a "typical" filesharing application - mostly because the search feature is inefficient and because most people have begun to only share listonly(which means not public).

Whats left then are chatrooms, buddylists, and various features designed to find out about music which you may like.

Thus, soulseek as a transparent filesharing app is quite dead. But soulseek as a network of fan-circles is alive and kicking. Thats why i nowadays rarely use it to evaluate bands which i know already - when i'm there, then usually to find out about *new* stuff.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #12
It's still far better than any other network for finding music I'm looking for. And search should be properly implemented soon - I managed to wishlist some files within six hours of connecting to the tiny test network with a couple of thousand people on that I've spent about the last year trying to find on the whole network with the "old" search facility. Plus, using the chatrooms purely for room search makes for much faster searches, again better than anything else I've tried.

Reply #13
I find eMule much more plentiful than soulseek in terms of music P2P. It hass less search/find feauters (like Soulseek's watch).. but you can find loads more and in many cases chose format you prefer (like losless). I can hardly find on Soulseek losless files. Most are 128cbr mp3's

Reply #14
Isn't all this against TOS#9? 
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #15
Isn't all this against TOS#9? 
not per se. of course the music everybody here is refering to is freely available and download is permitted by their artists/lables. everything other than that would violate TOS 9, yes.
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #16
I can hardly find on Soulseek losless files.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307557"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You just haven't searched carefully enough: there are rooms like lossless and Ogg Vorbis.
BTW, the latter partly consists of the former GBA ROMS room members. Funny, is there any correlation between Vorbis and GBA?..
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

Reply #17
Also the latest soulseek changelog said something about encspot integrated into search or something....

Also soulseek started out as a place for industrial ebm and idm type music.

I found out about it when audiogalaxy died.

Reply #18
If you really want to find MPC files

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']the rest of this post has been edited for violating terms of service
- moderators
[/span]

Reply #19
There seems to be illegal content on those links, which violates the TOS.  The post should be removed.

Reply #20
And the poster should be IP-banned. And the thread should be closed.

The last sentence in his post is amusing though...

Reply #21
boo!

Reply #22
And the poster should be IP-banned. And the thread should be closed.

The last sentence in his post is amusing though...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308697"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I concur. 

The last sentence should be QFT    .

Reply #23
We are all shaking in our boots...
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #24
Also soulseek started out as a place for industrial ebm and idm type music.

I found out about it when audiogalaxy died.

Yeah and all the audiogalaxy users took their major label RIAA stuff over with them to Soulseek their by convoluting it.  If people want to give the RIAA a run for their money that's their business, but if you had to ask me opinion they are both pawns at their own stupid game. This resurrected thread should be dumped, next time I will rember to bring up a three-year old topic when I am going to post good job amgeex. Tips his hat.  .

If you mod me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!

Well... look on the bright side at least they are concerned about quality in general.  . Let's have this topic trashed for Obi-Don-Ke-Ynobi.
budding I.T professional