Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMA lossless encoder and block size (Read 4189 times) previous topic - next topic

WMA lossless encoder and block size

I have two questions related to using Windows Media Audio 9 Lossless with lossyWAV, which just maybe someone in this forum section can help with...

1. Does anyone know of a batch / command line / ACM codec for Window Media Audio 9 Lossless?

2. Does anyone know what specific block size (if any) it uses to determine "wasted_bits"? It seems to work well with lossyWAV at 512, but it may use something else internally.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's some information about lossyWAV if you're interested)

Cheers,
David.

Reply #1
It looks like someone had some success doing something similar with the Windows Media 9 Encoder tool.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....mp;#entry151777

That post has a link to it for the WMEncoder.exe, but the program is no longer on the page from what I could tell. I found it by searching in Google, the download is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, but good luck!

Reply #2
From memory, WMALSL uses a block-size of 2048 samples.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #3
Thanks Nick.

You're right Zoom - there's a script interface included with the standard download.

e.g.

cscript.exe wmcmd.vbs –input C:\My-songs\Song1.wav –output C:\My-songs-coded\Song1.wma -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2

Cheers,
David.