Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art and (Re)Encoding (Read 2825 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art and (Re)Encoding

This is sort of a continuation of this thread.

I cannot get album art to display in a set of WMAs I have (using the picture metadata tag), but I'm convinced the problem lies with the file itself and not with WMP.  That is, essentially, my problem.  WMP will not display the album art for a select few of my files.  Using the Free Mp3 Wma Converter at http://koyotstar.free.fr/, I re-encoded the WMA to their same settings, and voila!  The album art is displayed.  Problem is, I'm re-encoding a lossy format.  How much of a degradation is there, really?  Is it something noticeable?  Like a 3% fidelity loss?  Or is it just "technically" losing quality, while in realistic terms there is no practical loss?  This seems like a great, quick fix, but I'm afraid it will come back later to bite me in the butt.

Album Art and (Re)Encoding

Reply #1
I recall seeing a thread somewhere around HA where someone did transcoded an MP3 100 times and found no audible difference. So technically, yes, you're committing a capital crime. But audibly, you probably couldn't tell the difference.

Refer to the original thread, I posted something there too that may help you without requiring you to transcode anything.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High