Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Original audio in avi matters for encoding? (Read 1761 times) previous topic - next topic

Original audio in avi matters for encoding?

I'm trying to transcode avi video into mp4 file for playback on Nokia 5500 mobile.

To do this I use Mediacoder which yields excellent video quality.

But problem is that audio doesn't get transcoded in this process. No combination of settings works for audio transcoding. Since the Nokia works with AAC, this is what I try to include in the mp4 file.

Output statistics always shows audio bitrate =0.

The avi file I start with is generated by Windows Movie Maker which I use to capture video from my Sony handycam.

But I've now found that if I transcode an avi file output from my logitech webcam, the audio transcoding DOES work.

So, apparently, the audio stream in the original avi file matters here, since Mediacoder works with one but not the other.

Can the movie maker output file somehow be prepared for Mediacoder to accept it, or what am I doing wrong here?

Complete solution or suggestions for trouble shooting would be appreciated.

Reply #1
Can the movie maker output file somehow be prepared for Mediacoder to accept it

if thats some sort of avi? try to

a. install avisynth,
b. write a script like:

directshowsource("myvideo.avi")

c. save as myvideo.avs
d. open myvideo.avs in your encoding application

---

alternative, use application like gspot to see what kind of audio is inside that source avi and act accordingly (like demuxing the audio, and doing the separate conversion to aac and only at the end stage remuxing back to your mp4 (or whatever...).

gspot
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
thank you for your reply.

I haven't worked with avisynth but will certainly look into it.

Gspot I have used earlier so that shouldn't be a problem. I

will test further and post back here the results.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021