Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC to WMA lossless to Apple lossless (Read 3187 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC to WMA lossless to Apple lossless

I tried this path and it worked fine but I have a question on normalization. All my FLAC files are ReplayGained with foobar. I converted these files to WMA lossless using dbpoweramp and then imported them in iTunes as Apple lossless. Now does dbpoweramp honor the replaygain values when converting to WMA lossless? It does have a normalize option but I am not sure if it works in the same way. Also, if WMA files get normalized/RGed somehow, will iTunes honor these values when importing as Apple lossless? Thanks!!

Reply #1
> honor the replaygain values when converting to WMA lossless

No, AFAIK there is no "replaygain" standard for WMA. Apple has its own soundcheck type gain, but there are no tools to preserve the gain across conversions. Saying that why not let iTunes just do its own replaygain?

Reply #2
I have already run all my files thru mp3gain and I don't want to subject them to Soundcheck. Is there any way to turn the Soundcheck ON in iTunes only for Apple lossless files?

Reply #3
Is there any way to turn the Soundcheck ON in iTunes only for Apple lossless files?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354239"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No.

I have already run all my files thru mp3gain and I don't want to subject them to Soundcheck.

If you've already MP3Gained them, SoundCheck won't have much impact on their volume.

Reply #4
>If you've already MP3Gained them, SoundCheck won't have much impact on their
volume.

But won't it screw up the "comments" tag in the mp3 file?