Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which mp3 tags to use ? (Read 6699 times) previous topic - next topic

Which mp3 tags to use ?

My mp3 tagging program gives a choice of tags; ID3v1.1 , ID3v2.3 , or Both.My question is why not use both? THANKS.

Which mp3 tags to use ?

Reply #1
You will probably get some people responding who don't like ID3v2.3, mainly having to do with the tags being at the front of the file instead of at the end, but persinally I don't have any problem with it.

Which mp3 tags to use ?

Reply #2
My mp3 tagging program gives a choice of tags; ID3v1.1 , ID3v2.3 , or Both.My question is why not use both? THANKS.

No reason not to. Go right ahead.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Which mp3 tags to use ?

Reply #3
Use both. ID3v1 tags add.. 128 bytes to the filesize, so there's no reason not to.

Which mp3 tags to use ?

Reply #4
Use both, ID3v1.1 won't cause harm at all and won't make the file bigger by that much, use them 'cause there's still some .mp3 players that only recognize ID3v1.1, but I personally like to use both 'cause in that way I can add any info I want on the ID3v2.3 like looooong filenames, album art, record label, specific musical styles, etc.

My personal recommendation is to use Tag&Rename to make all the tagging, best program to do that!
"If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off"
- Sir Isuck Newton -

Which mp3 tags to use ?

Reply #5
THANKS for your replies. I'll use both ,which is what I have been doing.