Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [virtualdub] "Preload" and "Interleave every" (Read 4331 times) previous topic - next topic

[virtualdub] "Preload" and "Interleave every"

Everwicked's guide says this:
Then, change the “Preload” and “Interleave every” boxes to 160ms and 160ms respectively for 384Kbps AC3 audio or to 128ms and 128ms for 448Kbps AC3.

But what about other bitrates?
I have an "AC3 2ch 48000Hz 192kbps" file and I'm wondering what settings I should use...

[God it feels awful to be a newbie ]

Reply #1
I spoke to Suiryc (Cyrius) who is one of the writers of vdubmod and I was just about to tell you what he said about it and you logged off IRC! Silly.

Basically he said some multiple of 32, say 64, 96, 128, 160, 192, etc etc is good. Or alternatively set it to frame mode and set it to some integer multiple of frames. He said he thinks everwicked has just suggested those values to give good interleaving while maintaining a low overhead.
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

Reply #2
To avoid the worry just use AVI-Mux GUI.  No need to worry about any settings then.

Get it here.

It also muxes Matroska files.

Reply #3
Yup, Alex knows his stuff about AVI.
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein