Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPC Tagging (Read 3673 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC Tagging

Check out this.

From Website:
VorbisExt is a property sheet shell extension that can edit the comments in vorbis (.ogg) files and display information about vorbis files.

...VorbisExt also provides an Information page for viewing Vorbis information. Details such as bitrate, length, samples, and sample frequency are displayed.

For Windows Me, Windows 2000 and Windows XP users, VorbisExt provides more information for the detailed view in Explorer. Information such as track number, bitrate, sample rate and various comments can be viewed in the columns.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing exists for MPC files??

MPC Tagging

Reply #1
If you have dBpowerAmp installed, then right-click on a music file and select "Properties" from the drop-down menu, you'll find a tab marked "ID Tags" at the top of the properties window; that will give you all the tag information as well as info on bitrate, length, compression ratio, etc.

Alternatively, if you use Winamp 2.xx with the mpc plugins installed, you can put the file of interest into your playlist, right-click on it, and get tag and file information that way.

MPC Tagging

Reply #2
foobar2000 "masstagger" on rightclicking into the playlist supports it too

MPC Tagging

Reply #3
I think the question is different. I was about to post regarding this too. I can always view the information in foobar or other player. But I'd like to see the information by doing "Left click on file -> Right Click -> Properties" in Explorer. And if I could edit some of the APEv2 tags in that window that would be great.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

MPC Tagging

Reply #4
If you have dBpowerAmp installed, then right-click on a music file and select "Properties" from the drop-down menu, you'll find a tab marked "ID Tags" at the top of the properties window; that will give you all the tag information as well as info on bitrate, length, compression ratio, etc.

Alternatively, if you use Winamp 2.xx with the mpc plugins installed, you can put the file of interest into your playlist, right-click on it, and get tag and file information that way.

IMHO it' no match with what Krazy was describing in his post. I too wish i could see MPC tags in the windows explorer as i see them with mp3s. Using a third party software isn't a solution.

There are many ways in which MPC is still less convenient than its old brother mp3. I hope it's only a matter of time before this gap is filled.

MPC Tagging

Reply #5
I think the question is different. I was about to post regarding this too. I can always view the information in foobar or other player. But I'd like to see the information by doing "Left click on file -> Right Click -> Properties" in Explorer. And if I could edit some of the APEv2 tags in that window that would be great.

Yes, this is what I meant. With mp3's and using the vorbis shell extension described above you can see information columns like bitrate, album, artist etc right in the explorer window (even if windows' native mp3 support is a little lacking ). This is great when trying to organize a music collection, or just checking out info on your music without having to fire up other software.

MPC Tagging

Reply #6
dBpowerAmp does  integrate itself into the Explorer shell -- you don't have to have the Music Converter or Player running in order to view file properties and tags.

You right-click on your audio file in Explorer, click on "Properties" in the right-click menu, and then click on the "ID Tag" tab at the top of Explorer's Properties window.  I don't see how this is any different from what is described in the VorbisExt website.

MPC Tagging

Reply #7
It does the same as VorbisExt for the property sheets in explorer.

I suppose I could add an option that will display the bitrate, etc in columns for those that want that (although I always thought if you have 500 mpcs, pulling the bitrate out of each individual mpc would slow the file listing down too much, for those with super fast computers I will add that option).