Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp-VIS-plugs in foobar (Read 168480 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp-VIS-plugs in foobar

Reply #325
Are you referring to the Acidspunk visualization?  To get that to work, you rename acidspunk2.dll to vis_acidspunk2.dll so that foo_vis_bacon will recognize it as a visualization plugin.  If Acidpunkd is something entirely different from Acidspunk, then I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with it and I probably can't help you.

Reply #326
GREAT!
Thanks 
it works!

Reply #327
sorry mates
but Winamp-VIS-plugs is foo_vis_bacon  ?
are they the same plug or are they 2 different plug

Reply #328
foo_vis_bacon is name of the plugin, Winamp-VIS-plugs is just the name of this thread (it all started before foo_vis_bacon was available).

Reply #329
Now with milkdrop 1.04d (winamp 5.2) foobar crash if activate foo_vis_bacon. And no, is not working with v-0.18 either.

Reply #330
Wow, that's crappy.

EDIT 1:  Found the crash; will release a new version as soon as I fix song title display, which I broke while doing some other things.  May take a while since I probably ought not to be distracting myself from school at the moment...

EDIT 2:  For an example of why I should not be distracting myself any more than necessary, edit 1 referred to the release of a "new button."

Reply #331
Any updates coming to this very soon?

Reply #333
an update would be schweet (and a reason to finally update to f2k 0.9.x for me) 

Reply #334
So you guys now that MilkDrop and AVS is open source now?

Anyone can now download the source code and port it.
I think you could just make a DSP plugin since then you get at the audio data and can FFT transform it (Milkdrop uses it's own FFT routines instead of the integrated Winamp one) so what you need is PCM waveform data.

MilkDrop source code:
http://www.nullsoft.com/free/milkdrop/

AVS source code:
http://www.nullsoft.com/free/avs/

Reply #335
So this no longer works on 0.9x?  Is there any decent vis I can get for 0.9x?  :-(

AVS would ROCK.  It's like the Foobar of the Vis world :-P

Reply #336
As far as I can tell the only decent vis plugin for foobar is ProjectM.  This is an OpenGL implementation of Milkdrop. The plugin will use existing .milk files from winamp or anywhere else, it's a little buggy and leaks memory but there is currently a rewrite in progress to resolve this.  You can visit this site to download additional effects including this guide on creating your own presets (.milk files can be edited with any standard text editor).

Reply #337
Thank you for the information, Yotsuya. I miss my bacon.

Reply #338
AVS Port pleeeeeease!

Reply #339
I wrote a message to the devellopers of foo_vis_bacon if it is possible to update the plugin for 0.9 but I got no answer yet 

Reply #341
I suppose it would be a bit much to expect this to be updated sometime in the next few years?  There was a time when this was one of my favorite plugins and it worked really well.

Reply #342
Oh man, old good vis_bacon... I miss it too :'(
I remember having tens of interesting components I never really needed in my 0.8 installation, and Bacon always was the special one of them.
Too bad we will probably never see an updated version :((

Did you notice the author, hartwork, has been banned out of the HA forums? I heard it's because They don't want any nice visuals in Foobar!! It's a shame that the best developers are always alienated here instead of invited to participate! It makes me cry and convert to Amarok :\
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #343
Too bad we will probably never see an updated version (

Then again what's so different compared to your plugin making you wish for an update?

I heard it's because They don't want any nice visuals in Foobar!!

I don't believe that story holds much truth judging from the content of his ol' homepage.
Both plugins are just "innocent" wrappers, no visual plugins. But who am I trying to explain this to you, right?

It makes me cry and convert to Amarok :\

Hold on for a sec, are you saying we've just lost you? Ahh come on, that was just theoretical, wasn't it?

Reply #344
@Supacon - Have a look at Yirkha's excellent plugin foo_vis_shpeck which works flawlessly with the current version of foobar.

Reply #345
WOW THANKS!

I've looked for exactly the same thing and was just giving in mourning there won't be a second life for foo_vis_bacon anymore!
Kudos to all dev's not going like "Upgrade OS or f$%# off!"