Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Information modals have the wrong positions (Read 2058 times) previous topic - next topic

Information modals have the wrong positions

I've noticed that there are several new windows/dialogs/modals, whatever you want to call them, that share the window position, despite some of them being offset from the center of the screen.

Here's a concrete example:
  • Go to Preferences -> Components
  • Press "Get updates" - a small "Checking for Updates" modal appears while updates are being checked for
  • Move the modal to the center of the screen
  • In a playlist, right click on a file and select Utilities -> Optimize file layout + minimize file size - a small "Optimizing file..." modal appears
  • Move the modal to the center of the screen (since it was in the upper-left)
  • Repeat steps 1 and 2

The "Checking for Updates" modal is now in the bottom right of the screen, since the modals share the position on the screen.

Ideally, all these modals should either be centered or not share positions, or if they do share positions, they should not be offset by a random amount such that moving one to position x,y moves all others to position x,y (versus position x+a,y+b).

Happens with 1.4.6 and 1.5 beta 1.

Re: Information modals have the wrong positions

Reply #1
Still seems to be an issue in beta 19. Maybe Peter can squeeze it in for beta 20? :D

Reply #2
Thanks for reporting.

Indeed this behavior makes very little sense and will be changed for in a future update.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Since I see no changes in the final build of 1.5, I'm hoping this didn't get lost somewhere.

Reply #4
This behavior has been around for so long I opted for changing it for the next version after 1.5, to avoid last minute change having odd consequences.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
I see you made a change in 1.5.1 beta 1. Although the positions are no longer retained when moving the dialogs, the "optimizing file" dialog still opens up in the upper left instead of roughly the center (where the other ones open).

Reply #6
I see you made a change in 1.5.1 beta 1. Although the positions are no longer retained when moving the dialogs, the "optimizing file" dialog still opens up in the upper left instead of roughly the center (where the other ones open).

I wish to inform, that problem exists now in Foobar 1.6.5: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120890.0