Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: RESYNC (Read 2247 times) previous topic - next topic

RESYNC

OK, I did a search and came up dry on this.  I keep getting the following: "INFO (foo_input_std) : mpeg stream resync successful" when playing some tunes.  The search said the buffer for this has been increased from 128K to 1 meg.  Cool.  But what the devil does the message mean and what can I do to prevent this and its accompanying hiccup in sound??   
Nov schmoz kapop.

RESYNC

Reply #1
The MP3 file itself is slightly corrupt. A re-sync occurs to compensate for the confusion. If the buffer is increased, the file is read further ahead of real time to repair errors before they are encountered, though there will still probably be a skip in the sound.

Not foobar2000's fault at all!

RESYNC

Reply #2
Thanks for the heads-up.  I believed it was not a FB2K problem.  I was also pretty sure t here was an encoding problem in the MP3 file.  This is what the error message indicated to me but I wanted to see someone who knew comment.  I will increase the buffer to the max.

Thanks again. 
Nov schmoz kapop.