Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Have a way to add this Bluetooth Speaker in Home audio System through  (Read 3902 times) previous topic - next topic

Have a way to add this Bluetooth Speaker in Home audio System through

This is the detailed info of all my main devices involved:

Samsung PN64F8500 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV (2013 Model)

Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1UC Laptop

Inateck Bluetooth Stereo Speaker

I ordered the speaker by mistaking "bluetooth wireless" as "wireless" . Although I has no complaints aout its quality, I only use wifi at home as my laptop has no built-in bluetooth.

There is a situation : If I am not in the house but just in the garden cleaning my lawn, how can I possibly enjoy the audio feel ? Is there any way to add the portable speaker in ?

Or is it feasible to connect this speaker to my smart TV ?

I know it's a big asking. But I guess some genius will sort out the idea clearly.

Reply #1
If your TV doesn't have Bluetooth Google "Bluetooth transmitter"
If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth Google "Bluetooth dongle"

Garden: do observe that Bluetooth is often limited in range
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #2
If your TV doesn't have Bluetooth Google "Bluetooth transmitter"
If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth Google "Bluetooth dongle"

Garden: do observe that Bluetooth is often limited in range

Hi there, thanks for your suggestion. I did use a Bluetooth dongle which caused many software errors during the operation process. I think it is too trouble some. So I wonder if there is any other application on web which can enable my PC Bluetooth function.

By the way, generally did the use of Bluetooth Transmitter require that my TV must have enabled Bluetooth setup ? I have searched on Google. But I did not find the corresponding answer. Or I am not sure if I have found the correct answer. 

Reply #3
Bluetooth is wireless hence you need a sender.
If your PC has Bluetooth build in, it has the "radio" on board otherwise you need a dongle
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bluetooth-A...1/dp/B003FVAQM8
A Bluetooth transmitter for TV you plug into the headphone out, it converts the audio to digital and broadcast it.
http://www.amazon.com/Bipra-BTT005-Bluetoo...r/dp/B005OPPNC6
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #4
Bluetooth is wireless hence you need a sender.
If your PC has Bluetooth build in, it has the "radio" on board otherwise you need a dongle
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bluetooth-A...1/dp/B003FVAQM8
A Bluetooth transmitter for TV you plug into the headphone out, it converts the audio to digital and broadcast it.
http://www.amazon.com/Bipra-BTT005-Bluetoo...r/dp/B005OPPNC6

OK.. i will try and search the details as you said. Really appreciated for your recommendations. I will see  and await if I have better choice.

Reply #5
You aren't going to have a better choice in terms of setup options.  Your notebook has Bluetooth built-in, you just need to pair it with the speaker.  Go into the settings (swipe from the right bezel in Windows 8.1 and select Settings and then select PC Settings, click on PC and Devices, you'll find Bluetooth there), turn Bluetooth on, and select the option so that other devices can find your notebook.  Turn your Bluetooth speaker on and put it into pairing mode.

Give them both a few seconds and you should see your Bluetooth speaker in the devices list, pair it and you are done.  Windows 8.1 should automatically output audio over Bluetooth now.  Just make sure you turn the audio output all the way up on your computer or else you might not hear it on the speaker.  The speaker also has a built-in auxiliary input so that you can purchase a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable.  Plug one end into the headphone output port on your notebook and the other into the back of the speaker.  That will also work though it isn't a wireless solution.

You won't be able to do much in order to add the speaker to your TV wirelessly.  You will have to follow the steps that Roseval gave you for that.  Otherwise you can directly plug the audio output of your TV into the speaker.  You might be able to use a male-to-male 3.5mm cable (if your TV has 3.5mm audio output) or you may have to buy a male-to-male stereo RCA (red and white) to 3.5mm cable.  Again, that isn't a wireless solution but it would still work as your TV doesn't have Bluetooth built-in and would require a transmitter like Roseval linked you to.

Reply #6
Hi dear, thanks for your careful explanation ! I believe I have basically known how to realize my idea with clearer steps. Very appreciated for your warm heart and help. I would love to have a try beyond budget.   

You aren't going to have a better choice in terms of setup options.  Your notebook has Bluetooth built-in, you just need to pair it with the speaker.  Go into the settings (swipe from the right bezel in Windows 8.1 and select Settings and then select PC Settings, click on PC and Devices, you'll find Bluetooth there), turn Bluetooth on, and select the option so that other devices can find your notebook.  Turn your Bluetooth speaker on and put it into pairing mode.

Give them both a few seconds and you should see your Bluetooth speaker in the devices list, pair it and you are done.  Windows 8.1 should automatically output audio over Bluetooth now.  Just make sure you turn the audio output all the way up on your computer or else you might not hear it on the speaker.  The speaker also has a built-in auxiliary input so that you can purchase a male-to-male 3.5mm audio cable.  Plug one end into the headphone output port on your notebook and the other into the back of the speaker.  That will also work though it isn't a wireless solution.

You won't be able to do much in order to add the speaker to your TV wirelessly.  You will have to follow the steps that Roseval gave you for that.  Otherwise you can directly plug the audio output of your TV into the speaker.  You might be able to use a male-to-male 3.5mm cable (if your TV has 3.5mm audio output) or you may have to buy a male-to-male stereo RCA (red and white) to 3.5mm cable.  Again, that isn't a wireless solution but it would still work as your TV doesn't have Bluetooth built-in and would require a transmitter like Roseval linked you to.