Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: minor tweaks for foobar (bookmark + scripting) (Read 4075 times) previous topic - next topic

minor tweaks for foobar (bookmark + scripting)

Hello... I'm using foobar for some time and was thinking about some things that could make it even more comfortable to use. Unfortunately, I'm not sure wheter they're not achievable by some already existing plugins.

First, I was wondering wheter there is some kind of scripting language, that makes it easier to do some tasks. For example file operations. When I want to restrcturalize files, I first need to move the directory, do a media library rescan, rename files and again do media library rescan. Four steps, which I'd like to merge into one in some script.

And another nice thing would be, to have foobar remember position in the song, that was being played before I turned it off.

So, if anyone has any advices, I'd be really glad  Thanks

[Sorry for my english, it's too late and somehow really complicated things came out of my mind, and I'm pretty sure they're just not correct.]

Reply #1
you can do that with the masstagger and title formatting scripts. look for the context item move, rename, copy files.

Reply #2
If you drag a folder into fb2k and if that folder is in your Media Library path, then you don't need to rescan the media library. Also, if you rename/move files from within fb2k, then you don't need to rescan the media library either, since fb2k auto-adjusts to those changes automatically.

Reply #3
And another nice thing would be, to have foobar remember position in the song, that was being played before I turned it off.

Preferences > Playback > [X] Resume playback after restart

Reply #4

For this, go into Playback under Preferences, and check the Resume Playback After Restart box.

(Edit: It would really help if I read to the bottom of the thread, wouldn't it?)