Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.6 public test (Read 67995 times) previous topic - next topic

0.6 public test

Reply #350
The input tab on the configuration page has <empty page> written on it. This is with beta 24.

It's cosmetical at best though.

Also, when alt is pressed so the accelerator keys get underlined in the menu, the control button for open ([^]) gets underlined. Don't know if this is intended or not, because it also happens in 0.586.

Again, a minor cosmetical thing. I just can't find big bugs  .

0.6 public test

Reply #351
Those are both intended behaviors.    The <empty page> thing was added fairly recently (presumably because people kept asking why the page was empty).  The open button is underlined, because that's the standard symbol for "open".  e.g. Look at Winamp's open button.

0.6 public test

Reply #352
I'm not sure if you would consider this a bug or not..

I am using diskwriter and I chose a particular output directory (i.e. change it from the C:\ default) and I subsequently deleted this directory.

When I next went to use diskwriter I got the error:
ERROR (foo_diskwriter) : error writing file

It took me quite a while to discover that the problem was that I had deleted the output directory. I think it would be more informative if the error said "output directory does not exist" as well as the writing error.

It isn't an uncommon situation to create a temporary directory to diskwrite to, delete it when you've finished with it and then not use diskwriter for long enough to forget that you need to change the output directory.

0.6 public test

Reply #353
Those are both intended behaviors.  The <empty page> thing was added fairly recently (presumably because people kept asking why the page was empty). The open button is underlined, because that's the standard symbol for "open". e.g. Look at Winamp's open button.

Ah, right. Figures. 

Thanks for explaining.

0.6 public test

Reply #354
I found a bug/side-effect with the 'friendly' KS device names. They don't work unless you have Admin priviledges under xp: you just get blank combo-box entries otherwise.

Happens under Windows XP SP1 with KX drivers for SB Live! 5.1 and for Aureal Vortex 2 (original XP drivers from MS).

edit: In fact, the entries aren't always blank - sometimes they're random garbage, or even segments of song paths 

0.6 public test

Reply #355
very small aesthetic bug (hope it hasn't already been addressed).  in .6, if you drop a playlist onto the window, it shows up as the default formatting (black text on a white background) regardless of what you have your formatting set to.  as soon as you move the highlight or click a track, it updates the formatting, but it won't otherwise.  it does this even if there already is a playlist loaded ... the old playlist is the correct formatting, but the new one isn't.

here's an example ... my normal background is grey, but when you drop a playlist on, it's white.  (and nothing is highlighted, my highlighted color isn't black on white either)

it doesn't happen when you go playlist->open however

also, it doesn't happen on .586 ... but that might just be because that version would automatically highlight the new selection, so when you unhighlight it it changes, just like in .6

not a big deal, just thought you'd like to know.  oh, and i'm using the win9x ver

0.6 public test

Reply #356
I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I found a weird bug when going to the display settings.

Right click on desktop >> properties >> settings >> advanced >> card name tab causes the currently playing song to pause.  This occurs both when foobar is open and when it's minimized to tray.

I don't know if it's Nvidia specific or not, or if it's just something weird on my comp.  I'm using the 43.45 drivers BTW with beta 26.

Also, I haven't changed any of the global keyboard settings or anything like that.

0.6 public test

Reply #357
I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I found a weird bug when going to the display settings.

Right click on desktop >> properties >> settings >> advanced >> card name tab causes the currently playing song to pause.  This occurs both when foobar is open and when it's minimized to tray.

I don't know if it's Nvidia specific or not, or if it's just something weird on my comp.  I'm using the 43.45 drivers BTW with beta 26.

Also, I haven't changed any of the global keyboard settings or anything like that.

Doesn't happen to me (with 43.45 too).  I'm running WinXP.

0.6 public test

Reply #358
very small aesthetic bug (hope it hasn't already been addressed).  in .6, if you drop a playlist onto the window, it shows up as the default formatting (black text on a white background) regardless of what you have your formatting set to.  as soon as you move the highlight or click a track, it updates the formatting, but it won't otherwise.  it does this even if there already is a playlist loaded ... the old playlist is the correct formatting, but the new one isn't.

here's an example ... my normal background is grey, but when you drop a playlist on, it's white.  (and nothing is highlighted, my highlighted color isn't black on white either)

This is beacuse when you drag a playlist or any files on to the window they are "selected" and white is likely your selected item color.. by clicking on another item it becomes selected, and the others will deselect. boom bam. word.
wes.

0.6 public test

Reply #359
(and nothing is highlighted, my highlighted color isn't black on white either)

well ... that quote was inaccurate ... my highlighted color wasn't black on white, but i changed it when i was goofing around with some different playlist formatting ideas ..  ... i tell ya ... sorry about that.

0.6 public test

Reply #360
I notice the crossfeed link no longer works, was there something wrong with it? or does it just not work with the latest beta/sdk?

0.6 public test

Reply #361
Well, just found one small thing, it has to do with the keyboard shortcuts...

for example, i have pause assigned to ctrl+shift+c (globally) and when i try to use ctrl+shift to edit thing in e.x a normal text editor those keys don't work normally (prolly because of foobar has them locked them or something) usually u can use them to mark/jump between words/text and other stuff, usefull stuff imo.

might not qualify as a bug, rather a side effect, nevertheless it's still annoing 
ah, if only i could bind to those pesky windows keys .... 

oh yeah, i should work on my spelling as well  B)

EDIT: YES, i know i can bind to shift+alt for example, but i just wanted to mention it...

0.6 public test

Reply #362
hence the defintion of global hotkeys   

0.6 public test

Reply #363
for example, i have pause assigned to ctrl+shift+c (globally) and when i try to use ctrl+shift to edit thing in e.x a normal text editor those keys don't work normally

Can't reproduce.

With Shift+Control+C as a global hotkey for "Pause", e.g., shift+control+arrows work normally in other applications.

0.6 public test

Reply #364
0.6 final posted, topic closed (since all recent posts are uninteresting)
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.