Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to re-adjust/re-size a UI element width with column UI ? (Read 576 times) previous topic - next topic

How to re-adjust/re-size a UI element width with column UI ?

Hi there

I reinstalled foobar 1.6.16 few times today, due to some issues with the 64bit v.2.0.
I have 2 backed up folders (%appdata%, and Program files (x86)), and usually I just copy and paste them every time I need to go back to previous favorite settings.
Now, I don't remember what I have changed in the settings ,but I can't resize elements' with anymore, they are blocked (i.e.: playlist view, VU meter and all the panels).
I recall that with the DUI it was a matter of right click, un ticking the "lock width" or "lock height" options and then I could resize the borders of elements on the app.
I'm using Columns UI, and the panels are unlocked, but this is the only thing I can see who relevant for this resizing.

Please see screenshot attached, with the context menu while pointing on the borders of the VU meter for example.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to re-adjust/re-size a UI element width with column UI ?

Reply #1
It might be a case of going to Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Layout -> Misc tab and making sure you have a Divider width of >0.
I'd actually quite like an option for this within the interface itself because i frequently turn the dividers on and off for this reason, not wanting them aesthetically but wanting them functionally.

Hope that solves your problem.

Re: How to re-adjust/re-size a UI element width with column UI ?

Reply #2
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

That worked amazing, I wasted so much time, eventually I uninstalled everything, reinstalled v1.6.16, started from scratch (almost one by one,according to settings from a portable version) , and then I updated to version 2.0 (32 bit, because of components I like to use).

Now everything looks and works fine and better I hope.

I recall now that a year ago I was looking for a way that I won't be able to change the width and height  of elements, but I totally forgot how I did it.

Thanks again for you great help!

:)