Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Silence respect aid request] Set a null media button receiver on app exit (Read 497 times) previous topic - next topic

[Silence respect aid request] Set a null media button receiver on app exit

According to what is clearly described here:
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media-apps/mediabuttons
when I press the media button (PTT button in my unihertz Titan Pocket) after completely closing foobar2000 (THANK YOU Peter for allowing us to actually stop the app, unlike 99.999% of the others) the OS automatically resurrects the media player and asks it to play.

This behaviour drives me nuts. If I stop the music and enter a silent room, I always risk to start playback (possibly loudly) by just badly handling my phone. This is unacceptable to my standards of education.

Since I do not see an option in Android system settings to disable this, I'd kindly ask Peter to add an option in foobar2000 that would set a null media button receiver on app exit.