Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do you guys manage your playlists with the playlist manager (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you guys manage your playlists with the playlist manager

Dear community,

I want to use the playlist manager to manage my playlists. And I have hundreds of playlists. Thus, I want to group them. I do not want to see all my hundreds of playlists in an infinite long list, but in groups. In that way, I can open a group and see the playlists belonging to this group and select one.

Is grouping possible with the playlist manager?

Grouping is possible with the "playlist organizer". However, I do not want to use it, because it is outdated and buggy, and it must be avoided (see https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,122847.msg1023000.html#msg1023000). And as far as I searched in the forum, grouping is not possible with the playlist manager. If it is possible in any way, please let me know.

If grouping is not possible with the playlist manager, how do you guys manage your playlists? Could you please give me some tips, clues?

Best wishes
Koray

Re: How do you guys manage your playlists with the playlist manager

Reply #1
You don't. XD
That's why playlist organizer was created years ago and many people have been hoping for a proper native manager since years...

I got tired of that and created my own manager on SMP. You don't group playlist by folders but by category and tags. And you can cycle those and/or filter them in many ways. Also playlists are loaded in demand, there is no more need to have them clutter the playlist tabs.
https://regorxxx.github.io/foobar2000-SMP.github.io/scripts/playlist-manager-smp/

Apart from that, you can either use the native one or the buggy one.