Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wanna Stream from Synology Nas with FB2k-mobile on iPhone to SONOS device (Read 731 times) previous topic - next topic

Wanna Stream from Synology Nas with FB2k-mobile on iPhone to SONOS device

I have not found anyone raising the same issue as I am facing so I am posting this message.

I am a satisfied user of the FooBar2000 program on my PC, I stream my collection of music from Synology Nas via the PC to my amplifier.

Now my wife also wants to listen from my collection in rooms other than where the amplifier is located, I thought of installing FooBar2000 mobile on the iPhone13 and using it to control one or more Sonos One speakers. (I don't own any Sonos yet)

my question is, is 'FooBar2000 mobile on the iPhone' able to control Sonos devices, because I don't see a possibility anywhere in the software, the Sonos group on Facebook cannot answer me either, I was told that it works on an Android device.

Re: Wanna Stream from Synology Nas with FB2k-mobile on iPhone to SONOS device

Reply #1
Solution,

Due to lack of knowledge about Apple Airplay, I was not aware that any sound coming out of an iPhone speaker can be streamed to another supported platform,
by swiping down the top right corner on the phone to discover the playback screen that also contained the Airplay symbol.
More like accidentally clicked on the Airplay symbol and suddenly I saw the created room with a Sonos One in it (I bought a Sonos One), Foobar2000 mobile now plays music from the Nas on the Sonos

Mission accomplished.