Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 131753 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #475
Using the dark theme the status bar fonts sometimes have artifacts in maximized state

Getting out of maximized, make it return to normal

With "use system setting" didn't happen.

One way to trigger it is to select Dark mode, maximize the window and open properties dialog.

Reply #476
When you have multiple inputs able to play different file types with the same extension, you can set the priority of one over the other under File>Preferences>Playback>Decoding.
Thank you.

I didn't know about this option.

Reply #477
@ApacheReal: Although you have gotten an answer on how to prioritize the playback chain, your DSD files can be losslessly compressed with WavPack. You cannot use a player like fb2k (nor ffmpeg) to do that, but you can drag and drop it onto wavpack.exe .

Tip: If you prefer drag+drop over command-line, then rename the executable first; this suggestion by the developer will get you better compression, verification, and tags imported:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,122626.msg1012159.html#msg1012159
Another option like {--allow-huge-tags} might be necessary if it has biggg album art. ID3v2.4 is at test version stage with an executable posted here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123684.0.html

(WavPack will reject DST-compressed DSDIFF files - already compressed heavier than WavPack can - as well as the .wsd file format.)

Reply #478
i run win10 in dark mode on uhd screen scaled 125%. the visibility of everything is worse readable (for me) in v.2 vs. v.1.6.
is there an option to scale up and colour the fonts, also for submenus and preferences? also it would be nice to be able to resize the preferences window when working with advanced options.

Reply #479
Problems of runtime error after installing the plugin ZXTune Player 0.0.9 whit foobar2000 v2.0 beta 26

Manually removed the plugin the problem does not recur.

Reply #482
When I use 2.0 an dalter any tags, the playback statistics component does not act as expected:
The "date added" info gets updated with the date and time of the tag alteration.

In foobar 1.x, the date added field is not changed.

I use latest versions in both 1 and 2 but will stop using 2 even though I love it...
I really want to keep my original date added info

Reply #483
Hi,
refacets config is not exported by "export-theme" in defaultUI and converter config cannot exported as well.

Reply #484
not open the link https://stream.friskyradio.com/
It plays in my browser, it plays in Aimp, but doesn't open in foobar2000

No problems here with adding the URL through File->Add Location

I add the address, and I get a message in response:
The following error(s) occurred during loading of the location(s)

personally you add, music plays?

Reply #486
not open the link https://stream.friskyradio.com/
It plays in my browser, it plays in Aimp, but doesn't open in foobar2000

Plays fine for me as well:
https://stream.frisky.friskyradio.com/mp3_low (96kbps)
https://stream.frisky.friskyradio.com/mp3_high (320kbps)
https://stream.deep.friskyradio.com/mp3_low
https://stream.deep.friskyradio.com/mp3_high
https://stream.chill.friskyradio.com/mp3_low
https://stream.chill.friskyradio.com/mp3_high

I tried the first two

Start to play but few seconds later foobar crashes completely.

Reply #488
I suspect server-side problems with the streams, sometimes they take very long to connect. There's also128kbps:
https://stream.frisky.friskyradio.com/mp3_mid
I've been trying them in foobar2000 beta26  x64,  no  crashes...

Reply #489
Beta 26 too., never reach to 30 seconds. Hard crash, no logs or dump (empty files)

:(

Reply #490
Beta 26 x32 plays fine every link, no crashes at all
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #491
Beta27 x32 and x64 under WINE/Linux - the only GUI bug I can observe is the Library view in dark mode:

Reply #492
Beta27 x32 and x64 under WINE/Linux - the only GUI bug I can observe is the Library view in dark mode:

I don't know if It is foobar2000 fault or simply lack of wine support for dark themes but without tweaking the default look of foobar dark mode has some odd looking zones, but my Album List didn't look as bad as yours

Some can be changed with the winecfg tool, but others like the active tab doesn't obey any of it and the gray background with black text is very hard to read. If someone knows how modified, it will be much appreciated.

One thing that seems like a bug is the status bars (from main window, properties, etc.) that gets all blurry.

but at the end doesn't look so bad

Reply #493
Beta27x64 still have random crashes.
Open foobar, leave minimized 5+ min. Click play. Crash.
Open foobar, start play immediately play 2 tracks, on 3rd try to delete file via global hotkey. Crash.

So once again I go back to beta24 without crashes.
Also question. Can I disable annoying "this version is over 8 weeks old"?

Reply #494
Beta27x64 still have random crashes.
Open foobar, leave minimized 5+ min. Click play. Crash.
Open foobar, start play immediately play 2 tracks, on 3rd try to delete file via global hotkey. Crash.
Looked into matching crash report data, looks like your config.sqlite in foobar2000 profile is corrupted, please make a backup and delete.
A future version will recover from this automatically.
So once again I go back to beta24 without crashes.
Also question. Can I disable annoying "this version is over 8 weeks old"?
Request noted.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #495
Looked into matching crash report data, looks like your config.sqlite in foobar2000 profile is corrupted, please make a backup and delete.

Looks like you were right. Deleted config.sqlite, set settings from scratch (and manually set total time played from old config) and so far no crashes. Will update if something changes in next few days.
Do devs need my old config.sqlite that provokes crashes?

Reply #496
Hello
I believe this is an actual bug in foobar's asio audio routing, but if i have worng you can move it to proper section.
I want to use foobar as upnp renderer/player because Jriver is sometimes resource heavy if you want to surf and listen to music at the same time, it starts to lag both the music and the webbrowser.
I am using dephonica as crossover with my 8-ch dac. But foobar asio wont show all channels, it only shows 6 out of 8 channels.
This crossover is a freeeware now, so the full version is the one we get with all eight channels to use.
But foobar asio messes up all audio routing, it routs all channels wrong, and some channels aren't even there, and some channels dosent even play at all, or some channels play to same channel, this with Dephonica.
And this also applies to asio4all, messed up audio routing, even if all channels are there and plying, but in the wrong order, a little better, but i shouldn't be forced to totally reconfigure Dephonica to use foobar.
It works all correct in all other applications that uses asio. Like Jriver for example.
in dephonica CH-CH2 is used for headphones on Dac CH1-CH2, so no crosseover there.
But here it it all mesed up and actually not really routable eihter, just nameable of what channel it is.
And in dephonica it is channel based from 1-8, and why is foobars channels totally messed up comparing to all other routing programs out there?, i can switch to other programs that uses asio and link to dephonica and it just works as the crossover is preconfigured with slopes on channels 3-8 to an 3-way active setup, but with foobar this seems impossible. Because of wrong channel order and no real way to actually reroute the channel (tested with asio4all, and it just gave it an name, not an actual reroute).

Also tested to downmix 7.1 / 5.1 to stereo, but to no luck, so i am stuck.

My config
Asus Strix X570e-gaming
3600mhz corsair SL Pro 32 GB
EVGA 750 G2 PSU

Windows 11 64bit
Foobar latest 2.x X64
Latest asio+dsd in foorbar
Latest Asio driver from Okto
Foobar > Dephonica > USB >Dac > 6 Amps

Reply #497
@paregistrase 
I think you have selected a dark theme at you Desktop Environment (DE) level and it looks like foobar is following it.
I have something different: a light theme at my DE and have selected "Dark Blue" colors set in "View > Layout > Quick setup" in foobar directly.
Please try to change your color set in foobar to something different than your DE and check if all foobar elements are painted consistently, differently than the rest of your DE.

A nice view setup, BTW. Everything under control in one screen.

Reply #498
@paregistrase 
I think you have selected a dark theme at you Desktop Environment (DE) level and it looks like foobar is following it.
I have something different: a light theme at my DE and have selected "Dark Blue" colors set in "View > Layout > Quick setup" in foobar directly.
Please try to change your color set in foobar to something different than your DE and check if all foobar elements are painted consistently, differently than the rest of your DE.

A nice view setup, BTW. Everything under control in one screen.

I wish it did. Yes I have a Dark theme in Desktop and I want a Dark foobar, but I'm on Linux, running foobar through wine, and it didn't detect if I have a dark or light theme in my desktop. Selecting "use system setting" only give the old fashion XP style default wine theme. If I want dark foobar I must set Dark mode and here is when not all elements are themed. The same happens with the light foobar theme.

I don't think that it was foobar fault, it searches for one condition that is not meet in my case (no dark theme support in wine). All the correction must be set in wine itself, so in fact, foobar has his own color, independent of my desktop selection.

Will be cool that foobar will gives more customization elements, but I supposed that it is not necessary on Windows.

Reply #499
Hello.

Latest foobar2000 v1.6.16 and foobar2000 v2.0 still can't output 32bit files properly. It playback ok, status bar shows that it is 32bit, but my DAC internal test shows that it is 24bit instead of 32bit. When i test the same files with JRiver Media Center, DAC screen shows it as 32bit.

I use ASIO Output 2.1.2 and my DAC is RME ADI-2 Pro FS. The testing files i use are special wav files for testing bit-perfect playback of RME  ADI-2 Pro FS

Can someone else check if it is possible to output 32bit files properly?