Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReFacets (Read 23067 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ReFacets

Reply #25
For anyone that is still having trouble sorting when using ReFacts, I use a filter that is always applied:
Code: [Select]
ALL SORT BY %date% AND %album% AND %discnumber%
You can always adapt it to your needs, but this works well enough for me.

Reply #26
I don't know if this is considered a bug or intended behavior but the way the old facets handled multiple tags is different from what reFacets currently.

Example: I have a file with two composers and the composer and composer sort tags are set like this:

In the old facets the tags are matched by position so that the first name is matched in the two tags when you use a facet with multiple columns like this. This is convenient and gets the behavior I would want with this approach.

But reFacets creates all combinations instead and I get this which is not that nice...

Reply #27
Will there be a way to prevent the sorting from ignoring 'The' in the title? If I'm looking for a track called 'The Example', I don't want it to show up with the E's. It also seems to ignore the [%TAG%] scheme when in square brackets - it should follow the same logic as the rest of the program and show nothing instead of 'Missing tag'.

Reply #28
Will there be a way to prevent the sorting from ignoring 'The' in the title? If I'm looking for a track called 'The Example', I don't want it to show up with the E's. It also seems to ignore the [%TAG%] scheme when in square brackets - it should follow the same logic as the rest of the program and show nothing instead of 'Missing tag'.
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference#.24stripprefix.28str.29
There you have Strip Prefix and Swap Prefix

For tracks without a tag, I don't know if there's another way but I currently use $if2(%tag%,'(None)')

Reply #29
Thanks. I've tried with if statements but it seems to be set to show 'Missing tag' regardless. Only happens in ReFacets from what I've seen. The strip/swap prefixes either remove or move them to the end, neither of which affect the sorting code. Hopefully that'll be ironed out in a future beta. :)

Reply #30
For anyone that is still having trouble sorting when using ReFacts, I use a filter that is always applied:
Code: [Select]
ALL SORT BY %date% AND %album% AND %discnumber%
You can always adapt it to your needs, but this works well enough for me.
This is a good workaround. Thank you.

Can I request the inclusion of the "subitems" statistics column from Facets. I find it useful to show, for example, the number of albums per artist rather than tracks.

Reply #32
@a3aan
Is this?
$cut(%artist%,1)
https://i.imgur.com/6opd47H.png

I would like to know how you got those scroollbar so elegant

Hi :)

Is this?
https://i.imgur.com/Tpf6CTP.png

Windows11 Home 22H2
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #33
Air Ken, Thank you.

Reply #34
I would like to know how I can change the font de Re-Facets. I use Columns UI and I can't find in "Colours and Fonts" nothing that refers to Re-Facets

Reply #35
Thanks. I've tried with if statements but it seems to be set to show 'Missing tag' regardless. Only happens in ReFacets from what I've seen. The strip/swap prefixes either remove or move them to the end, neither of which affect the sorting code. Hopefully that'll be ironed out in a future beta. :)
Sorry, I misread your post as the opposite. I don't think there's any way to stop that without changing the code of ReFacets, because it's usually something you'd have to go out of your way to achieve. I'm sure a future update will add an option

Reply #36
A toolbar glitch: The filter dropdown, selecting a new filter which has a longer character length doesn't increase the size of the box, so the dropdown selector gets hidden. If the width is manually increased (moving the search bar to the right), that's OK until FB2K is restarted, then it reverts back to the width of the currently displayed filter. Locking the toolbar doesn't help, it just makes it impossible to expand the dropdown.

Reply #37
I'm on beta 13 x64 and compared to Facets in fb2k it feels really slow. It also doesn't automatically filter column to column?

Reply #38
I'm on beta 13 x64 and compared to Facets in fb2k it feels really slow. It also doesn't automatically filter column to column?
Here as well (slow) I stay on 1.6 with the old component for the time being.
Otherwise the ongoing development of Foobar2000 is great.

Reply #39
Would it be possible for Refacets to remember the column selections when closing, like Facets? The Playlist View remembers, but if more than one column had been selected the view then will change as the columns are re-selected.

Reply #40
Guys, I wonder if I'm overlooking something? I want to get rid of the search field. At least move it to the bottom. Also, I'd love to not display the filter buttons... It's all impossible, correct?

Reply #41
Guys, I wonder if I'm overlooking something? I want to get rid of the search field. At least move it to the bottom. Also, I'd love to not display the filter buttons... It's all impossible, correct?

It is certainly not possible today to do what you are proposing.

I agree with your request. And I expand it further.

I would like that the 4 red boxes marked in the image could be hidden individually at will:
   - Playlist or Library
   - Filter
   - Search
   - Title columns

And we are waiting that, like Facets, there will be the possibility to attach the panel with the covers.

It would also be very useful if the vertical scroolbar could be disabled or enabled.

Reply #42
Is there a way to separate ReFacets elements vertically, rather than horizontally? I like having it all along the left side of my screen, top to bottom. That's how I had/have it with the original Facets, but I can't find a way to do it.

Reply #43
Is there a way to separate ReFacets elements vertically, rather than horizontally? I like having it all along the left side of my screen, top to bottom. That's how I had/have it with the original Facets, but I can't find a way to do it.

I don't quite understand what you need.

Can you take a screenshot of your foobar with Facets?

Reply #44
Hi,

some elemens are gone in rebuilding facets: DISPLAY menu is gone and some elements in STATISTICS.
Especially in STATISTICS I'm missing SUBITEMS, in DISPLAY I'm missing to choose ALBUM ART
It would be nice, if they au re-implemented in refacets.
Many thanks for that.

Reply #45

I don't quite understand what you need.

Can you take a screenshot of your foobar with Facets?
Giever wants the ReFacets panel on the left of his screen with the Refacets Facets on top of each other instead of going right to left.

So Giever could have Genre on the top, with Album artist under that, and Album under that.

Reply #46
I need to create a filter that lists tracks that have no embedded front cover

Reply #47
No such field is available in default fb2k.

However, I do have a component that can scan your collection for embedded covers.

https://marc2k3.github.io/component/cover-info/

After installing/scanning, you can use %front_cover_width% PRESENT or %front_cover_width% MISSING for a filter.

edit: this is for fb2k 2.0 only.

Reply #48
No such field is available in default fb2k.

However, I do have a component that can scan your collection for embedded covers.

https://marc2k3.github.io/component/cover-info/

After installing/scanning, you can use %front_cover_width% PRESENT or %front_cover_width% MISSING for a filter.

edit: this is for fb2k 2.0 only.

Thanks marc2k3

I installed your component and it worked perfectly.

I have only applied it to one playlist.

Now I have to apply it to the entire media library (8 TB) and I'm afraid it will take a long time.

Reply #49
I'm sure there's no need, because marc2k3's component no doubt does the job fine. And obviously it let's you do exactly what you want: create a filter.

But just so you know, it's easy to see all your tracks with no embedded front cover in Mp3tag.

There's "Cover" column by default and you can also filter by NOT %_covers% PRESENT.

Then you could make add a new "Cover not present" tag field or something and tag them all and go back to fb2k.