Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [development suspended] Spotify Integration (foo_spotify) (Read 47388 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spotify Integration (foo_spotify)

Reply #50
It seems that my current app key was banned (soft-ban via 429 on every request).
It seemed not permanently "banned". I could add a track this morning and another one tonight. That's all i tried today. (well I tried to add the Release Radar playlist but that seemed to be in another format and was not recognized).
Maybe this information is useful for the developer.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #51
Well, I get it TheQwertiest. There's no coding without motivation. :)

In the case of my TMDB script, the dev's API Key was directly embedded in the script, so anybody could just replace it by his own in the corresponding script line. Isn't that the case of your script ?

Reply #52
Version: 1.1.0
Link: Use v1.1.1 version posted below.
Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: you need to re-login for 429 fixes to work.

Reply #53
Hopefully, my workarounds will be sufficient. If not, well... Sucks =)

Reply #54
I have just tried the new version, logging out as suggested. For some reason I'm unable to log back in, with some weird error message (see attached pic).

Reply #55
@wcs13 , that's 429 error =)
It did manage to log in you though, error affected only the logged in user name fetching.

Reply #56
Version: 1.1.1
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spotify/releases/tag/v1.1.1
Changelog
Hotfix for v1.1.0 (see changelog above)

Reply #57
Thank you for improving and trying to mitigate the 429 problem.
In most of my playlist layouts I have a panel for cover art. I noticed (by looking in the cache) that foo_spotify fetched "album" covers and/or "artist" covers, but only if required.  Would it help against the rate-limit error to use a layout that won't show cover art? (a trick to [temporarily] accomplish that, is setting the cover type, in the panel, to "disc").

And more questions about the new playback settings (thanks also).
Do I understand correctly that the cache size settings use the percentage of free space but with a maximum of the size limit?
There is now a check box for enabling volume normalization. I'm just curious to know whether it was "on", by default, in the previous version. Because the volumes seemed to reasonably match I my case.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #58
Would it help against the rate-limit error to use a layout that won't show cover art? (a trick to [temporarily] accomplish that, is setting the cover type, in the panel, to "disc").
It would've helped before, now (as of v1.1.1) it doesn't matter, since I've implemented a few optimizations to deal with that.

Do I understand correctly that the cache size settings use the percentage of free space but with a maximum of the size limit?
Yep.

There is now a check box for enabling volume normalization. I'm just curious to know whether it was "on", by default, in the previous version. Because the volumes seemed to reasonably match I my case.
Yes, it was (and is) on by default =)

Reply #59
Ah, so far so good here =)
Thank you for your efforts !

Reply #60
Version: 1.1.2
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spotify/releases/tag/v1.1.2
Changelog:

Reply #61
One bug and a feature request.
The bug is that, in the preferences page, I can't tab between the options. The tab order skips most of the options outright, always getting back to the Playback/Authorization selector.
The feature request is that, in the Spotify clients, you can set the normalization to different "level" (described as "quiet", "normal" and "loud"). Is that setting exposed in the API?

Reply #62
One bug and a feature request.
The bug is that, in the preferences page, I can't tab between the options. The tab order skips most of the options outright, always getting back to the Playback/Authorization selector.
Thanks for reporting, I'll look into it.

The feature request is that, in the Spotify clients, you can set the normalization to different "level" (described as "quiet", "normal" and "loud"). Is that setting exposed in the API?
Nope, these settings are not exposed.

Reply #63
in the preferences page, I can't tab between the options.
As addition to this, also CTL-Tab to switch from tab to tab, isn't there. (works almost everywhere else in foobar2000).

These are little things, but can come in handy for people that can't use a muse or when none is available.

Reply #64
in the preferences page, I can't tab between the options.
As addition to this, also CTL-Tab to switch from tab to tab, isn't there. (works almost everywhere else in foobar2000).

These are little things, but can come in handy for people that can't use a muse or when none is available.
I've tested a few pages in Preferences and not a single one responded to CTRL-Tab for me (it works just as a usual Tab key press).

Reply #65
Hello,

I am blind, too, and can't currently find any tab controls in the Spotify Integration treeview branch. Are there any? I've just tested with the NVDA and SuperNova screen readers. The dialog box of the Spotify component is accessible for me as far as I can tell, including announcing group boxes around logout buttons and associated text and errors as well as the bitrate slider. Are there any other controls I should see? If not, all is working OK and Tab moves focus over them. The only issue I am having with NVDA is that it does not announce the "LibSpotify" and "WebAPI" group box labels before their associated controls they should contain. The "Authentication" and "Playback" group boxes are being announced correctly together with their first child control though. An example of the component with more tabs is the foo_youtube component where the screen reader sees six tabs correctly.

Reply #66
Ctrl+TAB doesn't seem to work at all in the Preferences pages, no matter which component.
@peersoft, in the later versions (including the current 1.1.2), there are two tabs "Authorization" and "Playback", in earlier versions there were none.

Reply #67
Hi,
sorry for that - I thought I was updated while I was not :-). Now I can reproduce this problem when Ctrl+Tab does not switch to another tab. I can see the active tab while tabbing through the dialog and I can eventually get to the Logout button and the bitrate controls only when I press the Left/Right arrow keys to switch tabs, respectively, when the focus moves to the first control. In my opinion, however, the focus should not move automatically, it should just stay on the tab control until moved out of it by pressing TAB again. The tab list should be controllable by left/right arrow keys when the focus is on the active tab name or by Ctrl+Tab to switch tabs in circular manner. When moving by Tab away from the name of the active tab I can then see no controls at all.

If you have Windows 10 you can try this behaviour we are talking about by invoking the Narrator (Win+Ctrl+Enter if the keyboard shortcut is activated, and it should be by default).

Reply #68
I've tested a few pages in Preferences and not a single one responded to CTRL-Tab for me (it works just as a usual Tab key press).
I realize that is the case, as foobar2000 doesn't have any tabs in the preferences. If you have them, they must be from other components. In my case foo_spotify is the only one (in preferences).
But it works in properties for example (it goes to the next tab and not the next field). Also between multiple playlists or other DUI elements created with tabs, (shift-CTRL-tab goes backward, makes only sense with more than 2).

Reply #69
OK, that makes sense. The only issues to solve are thus:
- reachable controls by the Tab key from the tab list
- focus not jumping to any control when you switch tabs by left/right cursor key
- now the screen reader announces "tabs" when you land on the tab list via the Tab key, this could be omitted as any screenreader can tell you which control you land onto
The foo_youtube component is an example of the component which succeeds in all those points I wrote.

Reply #70
Hello, and thanks for a great component. :-) I like having Spotify songs in foobar since there's more freedom regarding customizing the UI among other things.

I have been looking at whether it would be possible to save the information about the Spotify song in a file, like how foo_youtube stores song metadata as ".foo_youtube" files.

The foo_youtube file type is just a text file, containing the Youtube URL and metadata applied to the song. By default they are stored in the "%AppData%\Roaming\foobar2000\foo_youtube\cache" directory, but they can be moved.
foobar2000 handles it in the media library like any other song placed in a monitored folder. Like a song file that must be "decoded" by the foo_youtube component.

That's something i tried with foo_spotify, but wasn't able to. Maybe because it stores song metadata differently.
It would be great if it was possible since you would then be able to search for the song in the media library, and have it included in autoplaylists etc..

Reply #71
Hey, I wanted to post and echo Richard above me a bit. I've been looking for something like this (Foobar/Spotify integration) for a long time so to see it here is wonderful.

I was able to get around not being able to edit the tags on a spotify source song by using an external tag editor (foo_external_tags), but this is only a half-solution unfortunately as my foobar UI is built around songs/albums and not playlists so my album lists, category playlists and such don't recognize the spotify source stuff and don't let it appear. Still, baby steps to future solutions?

Reply #72
@peersoft , tab-ability will be fixed in the next version.

@richard3840 , @onijack , I will look into it.

@ everyone, a few months back I've landed a new job, which is much more mentally demanding than the previous one. I'm slowly getting used to it, but I still don't have much to spare to work on any of my components.

So, the development will be pretty slow (or non-existent) until I'm completely adapted, for which I apologize.

Reply #73
Hi, thanks for letting us know, absolutely no problem and no hurry, I am employed too and know what you are talking about, so just do your best to adapt and I think everybody will be happy for as little as a few lines of code you can write in your spare time. Good luck!