Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_beefweb - modern web interface (Read 39037 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_beefweb - modern web interface

Reply #78
@hyperblast Great plugin, thank you very much for your work.  ;D

Reply #79
Sorry to write under my post but unfortunately you can't edit an older one.
Would it be possible that besides just controlling the fbk2 from the e.g. phone, it is also possible to listen through the browser? It really would be wonderful.

Reply #80
Are the browser interface settings saved in some file in fbk2 settings? I ask because after connecting the device you have to configure the interface in the browser from the beginning.

Reply #81
Would it be possible that besides just controlling the fbk2 from the e.g. phone, it is also possible to listen through the browser? It really would be wonderful.
Currently not planned, this is practically implementing separate streaming plugin, which I don't have enough spare time.

Are the browser interface settings saved in some file in fbk2 settings?
Settings are stored in browser local storage.
You can inspect and/or modify them via browser development tools, i.e. Inspect -> Application -> Local Storage -> player_settings in Chrome

Reply #82
You can inspect and/or modify them via browser development tools, i.e. Inspect -> Application -> Local Storage -> player_settings in Chrome
ok, found it, thank you

Reply #83
Wow - this is working flawlessly
Many thanks 4 this component :)

I use it with Getfree's parseJson function...
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/93300-what-format-to-store-settings-in/#entry588268
(credits to Getfree)

;{"playlists":[{"id":"p1","index":0,"isCurrent":false,"itemCount":3,"title":"Library Playlist","totalTime":0.0}
This works 4 me:
MsgBox, % "' `r`nid: " jsObj.playlists.index.id "`r`nIndex: " jsObj.playlists.1.index "`r`nisCurrent: " jsObj.playlists.1.isCurrent  "`r`nitemCount: " jsObj.playlists.1.itemCount "`r`ntitle: " jsObj.playlists.1.title   "`r`ntotalTime: " jsObj.playlists.1.totalTime

but this one is tricky:
=> {"playlistItems":{"items":[{"columns":["Artistname1","Title1"]},{"columns":["Artistname2","Title2"]}],"offset":0,"totalCount":1072}}
jsObj.1.columns dosn't work :(
i tried many different combinations but my knowledge of this function and json is mucho limited ;-)

So i need help please...

Keep on doing!
DJ Sunnie

Reply #84
I use it with Getfree's parseJson function...
jsObj.1.columns dosn't work :(

Hi, I'm not sure if I could help with third party code. JSON path is something like
Code: [Select]
jsObj.playlistItems.items.1.columns.1

Maybe replace some 1 with 0.

Reply #85
Hi,

MsgBox, % "Artist - Title: " jsObj.playlistItems.items.1.columns.1 " - " jsObj.playlistItems.items.1.columns.2

is just right :)

Thanks

cheers,
DJ Sunnie

Reply #86
Hi all, new release is available!

Changes are mostly internal with some feature updates and fixes.

Changes in v0.7:
  • Case insensitive string comparison is used for HTTP headers and query parameters
  • Volume control now displays tooltip in dB
  • Added "Stop after current" option
  • Fixed settings page not honoring dark mode

Component page | GitHub

Reply #87
Thank you very much for this plugin!

If possible - could you please have a way of defining the settings (columns, widths, title, font size, etc) via for example an xml file in the beefweb directory?

At the moment, the settings are cookie based, but this isn't working for me as the settings get reset due to the way I open beefweb. I have tablets that run Home Assistant around the house, and call beefweb through an iframe in Home Assistant. But the iframe doesn't support persistent cookies, so every time I open beefweb, it is in its default state.

Reply #88
Maybe I didn't get it ... This component works very well, if I enter localhost:8880 into a browser running on the same PC as foobar is running. However, on my mobile phone and on my tablet, localhost:8880 shows me error 404. Of course, tablet and phone are in the same local network as my PC. What's the purpose of this component?

I thought, I could control foobar, running on my PC, located somewhere in the house, using my tablet from any other location in the house (within local network).

I'd appreciate your hints!
----------------
Okay, I got it, one needs to put the IP address of the PC running foobar, instead of localhost. I'm old ...

GREAT GREAT GREAT! Many thanks for this component!

Reply #89
However, on my mobile phone and on my tablet, localhost:8880 shows me error 404.
Of course. The adress localhost is only valid for each device itself. To connect from a different device you need to use the ip adress of the PC where foobar is running.

Reply #90
hey guys,

@hyperblast  thank you for this great component!
I'm working in a sleek ui for mobiles,  based on the API this component provides, and it is working awesome (I'll share it if you want).

Now I have a question, I want my app to listen for events, given that if I take actions in foobar2000, that's not reflected in my app until I refresh, and I would like to avoid making repetitive requests to get the player state.

How can I subscribe to those events, what's the url for the SSE (I wasn't able to find it on documentation, sorry)

Thank you for your help!

Reply #91
Here are some screenshots of my remote controller app based on Beefweb.

Edit: changing images host since the previous one doesn't work as expected

Still need to know how to listen to Foobar events. Any documentation or knowledge would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Reply #92
Beefweb is working great for me. I have a feature request though: having a button to switch the output device. It would save some time walking back to my PC when I forget to switch before leaving the room.

Reply #93
ok, sorry for the spam, I think I have it:

We can create an eventsource to `api/query/events` and to `api/query/updates`. Sadly, there's no documentation for that at all :/ but that seems to be the way to use it. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

@muppypuppy your suggestion is really cool, but it seems that there's no endpoint to change preferences directly (https://hyperblast.org/beefweb/api/#) so I wouldn't be able to help since my expertise is on the frontend (and maybe some Python stuff but never have worked with C#). Anyways, that's a great suggestion.

Reply #94
If we are talking feature requests - I would love to be able to rate songs from beefweb :)

Reply #95
Hi all, new release is available! 8)

Changes in v0.8:
  • Adjust screen size breakpoints (approximately 640px for medium size and 960px for large size)
  • Convert view switcher to menu on small size screens
  • Display album column by default on medium size screens
  • Prevent default overscroll behavior (e.g. reload page)
  • Adjust UI height to avoid being hidden by the browser controls
  • Fix desynchronization of current track when manipulating playlist items
  • Delay showing "Processing files" UI when adding playlist items
  • Add setting to hide status bar
  • Add setting to hide gaps between panels
  • Rename "Font size" setting to "UI elements size"
  • Add playlist item row menu
  • Use ellipses as row menu icon
  • Enable "Show playback information panel" setting by default
  • Use italic font for playing playlist instead of tab icon

Component page | GitHub

Reply #96
Thank you very much for this plugin!

If possible - could you please have a way of defining the settings (columns, widths, title, font size, etc) via for example an xml file in the beefweb directory?
Hi,

I have plans to allow saving current settings as default.
These settings will be used when no settings are stored in the browser yet (like your case).

Reply #98
Enhancement request for Beefweb volume control on mobile device:
- display volume in dB
        (mobile device does not have the mouse hover over to see the dB)
- make the slider larger for easier adjustment

Reply #99
Here are some screenshots of my remote controller app based on Beefweb.

Edit: changing images host since the previous one doesn't work as expected

Still need to know how to listen to Foobar events. Any documentation or knowledge would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Could you share your mobile app? It looks great and I would love to test it.
Thanks!