Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 870761 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1750
Hi! is this plugin still working ? I have no result, whatever file I try.

TIA

Reply #1756
Do you mind sharing the sources you're using?

Here's a screenshot of the search settings, which haven't changed since years (and honestly I have no idea where I got from).
I'm late

Reply #1757
Minilyrics website has been down for a few weeks now and the only source of synced lyrics is gone. Does anybody know what's going on?

Reply #1759
Eslyrics needs base for minilircs, which is works again. I use both plugins, cause eslyrics have options, which lyrics panes doesn't have. for example fast go on selected sting, and lyric panel has extremely usefull option for me - batch downloading. I would like to see there option both to save lyrics to tags and as lrc near song, like it exist in minilyrics,

Reply #1761
When it doesn't find lyrics with the same artist - title, it just downloads the lrc with the same title but the other artist. Does anybody know how to disable it and make it doesn't download anything it it's not needed artist? I did try with "search filter" in advanced tab, but didn't help.

Reply #1762
Hi,

I've seen this mentioned in the thread before but haven't found a solution despite some frantic ctrl+f-ing.

Half of the Panel Preferences window is cut off for me meaning i am unable to change some of the settings (see attachment) I hoped tabbing would at least let me access the options, but that just switches between ok and cancel.

If anyone could offer a solution to this i would be eternally grateful!

Cheers guys

Reply #1763
It looks like you adjusted the DPI display settings and the component doesn't support that properly. Go to the Windows display settings, set the text, apps etc. scale to 100% and try opening foobar with the component settings again.

I haven't seen this other mention and solution, so I could be wrong, but your screenshot shows that stuff is being displayed really large on your display, hence my guess.

Reply #1764
hi everyone, i have a quick question regarding the saving of lyrics to the tag

it seems that the way it is beeing saved by Lyric Show 3 is it concatinates the time for lines that are repeated

so the way the synced lyrics are layed out in foobar with the lyric show 3 plugin is as follows:

[ti:The Contrarian]
[ar:A Perfect Circle]
[al:Eat the Elephant]
[id:hpsuspck]

[00:30.98]Hello, he lied
[00:35.32]Like velvet this magician's
[00:42.25]Sleight of tongue and hand
[00:46.19]
[00:46.99]Hello, he lied
[00:50.10]Beware, belie his smile
[00:54.11]As warm and calculated
[00:58.78]As heroin

but when actually looking at the tag (with mp3tag for example), it seems the times are joined:

[ti:The Contrarian]
[ar:A Perfect Circle]
[al:Eat the Elephant]
[id:hpsuspck]

[00:30.98][00:46.99][02:47.02][03:03.03]Hello, he lied
[00:35.32][02:51.27]Like velvet this magician's
[00:42.25][02:58.28]Sleight of tongue and hand
[00:46.19][01:01.74][01:08.66][02:14.50][02:30.00][03:02.03][03:17.16][03:24.39]
[00:50.10][01:54.09][03:06.15]Beware, belie his smile
[00:54.11][03:10.10]As warm and calculated
[00:58.78][03:14.97]As heroin

this actually creates a problem for other players that support lyrics from tags in that instead of presenting them neatly like Lyric Show 3:

Hello, he lied
Like velvet this magician's
Sleight of tongue and hand

Hello, he lied
Beware, belie his smile
As warm and calculated
As heroin

it looks messed up:

Hello, he lied
Hello, he lied
Hello, he lied
Hello, he lied
Beware, belie his smile
Beware, belie his smile
Beware, belie his smile
As warm and calculated
As warm and calculated
As warm and calculated
As heroin
As heroin

so my question is, is there a way to force Lyric Show 3 to just save it to the tag as it is entered when editting them directly from the panel?

Reply #1765
The vern
Thank you for the plugin. Unfortunately, missing any help document for it. Or can you point to one? It would be nice.

For example, file search properties: I could understand absolutely nothing. What is it? Purpose? Settings meanings?

Is there a way to clean the database from orphan entries?

If I leave old, orphan lyric files, may they be useful for searching? From old PC, with other filename structure, but good lyrics; and filenames have the artist and title.

And what, if there is a little difference, because I renamed the song a little, for example with added a comma, or correcting "givin'" to "giving"?

And if association and file is OK, and now I rename a little, for example the title: will the database and the lyrics file's name refreshed, too?

Why the database sorting by any column, in managing association search, does not work?

And so on.

Reply #1766
Is it possible to have artist, title and album always showing on top of the lyrics instead of just as a fallback for when there's no lyrics? Also how do you change font and font size? The previous lyrics panel I was using had these options but refuses to show lyrics from FLAC files.

Also formatting doesn't work in this plugin. It ignores $crlf() and other formatting code.

Reply #1767
but when actually looking at the tag (with mp3tag for example), it seems the times are joined:

[00:30.98][00:46.99][02:47.02][03:03.03]Hello, he lied
That's actually how the lines are laid out in the .lrc and has nothing to do with saving them to tags. It's also been the standard way of notating repeated lines that I've seen for almost a decade and was done to keep file sizes down.

I think your other player is the one with the issue, and not this plugin.

Reply #1768
Please, confirm or contradict following very rare bug: when trying to display DUI element View / Lyric Show Panel v3, the PC completely froze, HDD load 100%, can't execute Task Manager, music don't play, only static noise. After several minutes (5-10 min) PC unfroze and everything go as it should.
Like i said, the glitch is very rare (i've encountered it only 3 times during 4 years on different PCs and foobar2000 configs).
Has anyone encountered that kind of bug/glitch? Or it's my PC and laptop?

Reply #1769
Please, confirm or contradict following very rare bug: when trying to display DUI element View / Lyric Show Panel v3, the PC completely froze [...]
No, View > Lyric Show Panel v3 works fine here. Could be hardware related (faulty RAM has frozen my old PC like that a few times) or could be glitched drivers installed for some hardware.

Best of luck figuring that out I know what a nuisance it can be. I would also suggest making sure you have backups of personal files just in case.

Reply #1770
anamorphic, thanks for reply!
Right now, DUI Lyric Panel works fine for me too. Like i said, this glith is rare and i can't figure out pattern.
PC is fine. I've checked SMART HDD, done surface test, all as good as new (well, almost).
I just think, that someone could face something similar and share their experience.

Reply #1771
Hi! is this plugin still working ? I have no result, whatever file I try.

It works fine. Not sure if question are still actual, but I just find myself with custom skin Foobar2000 v 0.9-1.1 (from 2009) with outdated plugins. But it's even possible to manually upgrade old version of Foobar and all plugins with total skin customization from 2009 to 2018.. amazing (as for me).

I cant rebuild theme with custom panels/colors/pics in new clear version for entire life, so I just copied files from old folder to new one without replace (exp Index) and it works.. Then I just update Lyric Show Panel 3 component to version 0.5. I do also follow this instruction: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,90338.msg915596.html#msg915596
Couldn't find this information in my country community so gonna leave this post here.

Thanks a lot! wherever you are (◕‿‿◕)

Reply #1772
Using version 0.5 with Foobar 1.4, with only the unsynched built-in sources active; the lyrics.wikia.com, darklyrics.com, and Online DB: Google Search sources all produce results (vast majority come from lyrics.wikia).

Experience with other 3rd-party extra sources add-ons for foo_uie_lyrics3:

1.  foo_lyricsource:  installed using the instructions at https://github.com/tripod31/foo_lyricsource , installed the foo_lyricsource.dll to Components and dropped the 2 other dll's referenced into the Foobar root directory.  The extra source, www.azlyrics.com, shows up in the Lyrics Show 3 selection panel, but does not pull lyrics, including those easily found at the website itself.  May not be compatible with the 0.5 version of foo_uie_lyrics3.  The "get_lyric.exe External Command" source was not installed/tested.

2.  foo_lrc_metalarchives (https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,108084.0.html): installed and pulling lyrics, you need the 0.3 version at last post in thread.

Reply #1773
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but is there any way to format lines as Italic or Bold?

In many songs, there's background vocals that aren't exactly lyrics, but I would like to see them in the lyrics display.

Being able to set a custom color for certain lines would be awesome, too, but I haven't see any of these options.  Thanks!

Reply #1774
How do I submit timecoded lyrics that this plugin would find? I just can't find a site that accepts synced lyrics.