Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491553 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #300
Ah, one more thing

<.....> and added youtube source to lyrics show3, but no subtitles are shown <.....>

'Youtube Source' in LS3 under 'Available sources' list is completely different thing. LS3 has a way to add external lyrics sources to fetch lyrics from. So by this source LS3 can obtain subtitles from Youtube (if Youtube clip have some) and use them as timestamped lyrics. In other words, you can view subtitles of Youtube clip in LS3 window as timestamped lyrics. Btw according to this thing I need remind that LS3 starts searching only if Artist and Title search parameters from LS3 'Lyric Searching' preferences tab are available. By default they are %artist% and %title% and for Youtube clips in default component configuration %artist% meta field is available not always (for more info read about 'Clip title parsing rule' from Decoder tab preferences).

At the end of this and previous post need to say that in search filter available 'CC' option (Closed Captions) i.e. search clips only with subtitles. If song is famous enough then there are always can be found clip with its lyrics as subtitles. If very famous then there might be also translations to other language (as subtitles i.e., in this context, a timestamped lyrics).

Reply #301
3dyd , thank you!

Reply #302
Thanks for the clarifications on the usage.
Got it working by creating a symbolic link from c:\lyrics where I save all my lyrics (from LS3 and minilyrics) to  profile subfolder 'lyrics'.
I really appreciate the search option for clips with CC, making it much easier to find clips with CC.
(and my kids also because they like singing along with the clips).
Keep up the great work!!!

Reply #303
I see that you have added the feature I asked for really early of the plugin. You-Tube- Video possebility.

Really awesome, big thx and great work.

I was gonna ask for a few small features, if it is possible or not is up to you.

I know that most videos are in widescreen, but there is still a few 4:3 ration videos.
Is it possible to get an option to when it plays 4:3 videos or any other ratio that it somehow forces the video to be in 4:3 ratio, and just have black color at the sides ? (or even better one monotone color possible to set in options.)

Also when there is no video to display instead of the "No Youtube video" text, to have an option to also have it totally black instead or option to set it to one monotone color.

Also option to not have info during the loading of the video.

Reply #304
I know that most videos are in widescreen, but there is still a few 4:3 ration videos.
Is it possible to get an option to when it plays 4:3 videos or any other ratio that it somehow forces the video to be in 4:3 ratio, and just have black color at the sides ? (or even better one monotone color possible to set in options.)

Component uses video window size basing on original video size (the only way to override this is set 'Fit to current' option from video window context menu). If there are some black areas then this is part of the video. For example this video is 4:3 (and component shows 4:3 window) but video image has black areas on left and right sides.
When resize video window black area appear on empty space. This cannot be customized.

Also when there is no video to display instead of the "No Youtube video" text, to have an option to also have it totally black instead or option to set it to one monotone color.

All Youtube clips have video. If there are only audio then uploader just creates video with one image (as it is with link above. There are 43 minutes of video with just one picture. On Youtube are terabytes of videos with just one picture, amazing waste of space). So don't know how you get this, maybe in your case clip had video with "No Youtube video" picture?

Also option to not have info during the loading of the video.

I'll add this in next version.

Reply #305
Component uses video window size basing on original video size (the only way to override this is set 'Fit to current' option from video window context menu). If there are some black areas then this is part of the video. For example this video is 4:3 (and component shows 4:3 window) but video image has black areas on left and right sides.
When resize video window black area appear on empty space. This cannot be customized.

"Fit to current" worked perfectly, dint know about this feature, thx.

All Youtube clips have video. If there are only audio then uploader just creates video with one image (as it is with link above. There are 43 minutes of video with just one picture. On Youtube are terabytes of videos with just one picture, amazing waste of space). So don't know how you get this, maybe in your case clip had video with "No Youtube video" picture?

If one goes into settings in your plugin, and under "Features" and then in "Show Video" change to "Manualy and do not close" then when you press STOP on the music. Then there is an grey/white info that no song is playing atm.
That is the image/info Im refering to. Would be nice to be abel to make it 100% black empty screen.

BTW, What is the button to open the video manually?

And also when I swap from one song to another, it sometimes writes the same info "No You Tube Video" before it loads it, seems to even be a delay before it starts to download it.

I'll add this in next version.

Cool, thx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, EVERY times I swap song/video. There seem to be artifacts/pixel problems with the video, like the first 5sec of the video.
It can be a video that is just having a black screen. So its not graphics chaining to fast or something like that.

I did a local recording and uploaded you You-Tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKHVtSSPiQ...eature=youtu.be

Im aware that the pixel thing might not be related to your plugin. But you probably know more if it is or not.

Also my drivers are up to date.
And my hardware are the following if it matters.
CPU: Intel i7 - 2600K, Quad Core - 3,4 GHz
GPU: Radeon 7970 3GB
PSU: Fractal Deisgn Newton R2 1000W
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX
RAM: 16GB Vengeance 1866 MHz
Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence ST

Windows 7 64bit,
ISP: 100/25+ BBB ( Sweden )

Reply #306
If one goes into settings in your plugin, and under "Features" and then in "Show Video" change to "Manualy and do not close" then when you press STOP on the music.

Ah, sorry, I missed this. Yes, it also relates to option I've promised in previous post, any info there will be removed and window will be filled with monotone color.

BTW, What is the button to open the video manually?

Probably not clear what you mean. Keyboard shortcut to open video can be created as usual using Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts. If you mean 'What is the point to open the video manually?' then different people have different needs. Personally I prefer Youtube as additional audio source and would like to see video in rare cases.

And also when I swap from one song to another, it sometimes writes the same info "No You Tube Video" before it loads it, seems to even be a delay before it starts to download it.

Video becomes available after clip was opened i.e. after audio playback was started. To analyze clip page and open clip need few seconds, at this time there are no info about video thus appears this message.

Also, EVERY times I swap song/video. There seem to be artifacts/pixel problems with the video, like the first 5sec of the video.
It can be a video that is just having a black screen. So its not graphics chaining to fast or something like that.

I did a local recording and uploaded you You-Tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKHVtSSPiQ...eature=youtu.be

Im aware that the pixel thing might not be related to your plugin. But you probably know more if it is or not.

It relates to video playback after seeking. I.e. if you will seek within the clip then in most cases you'll see same artifacts for few seconds. This relates to LAV Filters, not to component. But as for me, it is great that video just works so such details are not very important. Also I've seen this only for WebM video, for Mp4 all is ok so you can disable WebM and WebM-VO through 'Formats to ignore' in Features -> Video, this may solve the problem.
At all, why it relates to video playback after seeking - there are several problems to play video in foobar (at least for me) and one of workarounds is the need to synchronize after playback start. So after 2 seconds from playback start component emits Synchronize action from video context menu (which actually means 'seek to current position').

Reply #307
Thx for the reply...

I wondered if there was any button set, Im not so used to Foobar, so still learning.
Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts.... Ill look into that, thx

Regarding the pixel problem early songs.
I have already "WebM" on Ignore (It was that from default). I guess Ill test to put Mp4 as priority, and see if that solves it.
(edit. Nope mp4 as priority dint solve it either... No big deal, Ill live with it.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I got some more new questions/problems for yha

*** 1 ***
I did play a song, then rebooted computer...

Then turned on Foobar, played another song, then the second song came on that I played previous to the reboot.

It started playing the audio from the start of the song, but the video was not in sync from the start, was rather strange.
Paused the song, put on record, but when unpaused the video it started from beginning, it was both audio and video in sync from start. Only happened once sofar.

*** 2 ***

Possible to get the Foobar You-Tube video window to remember my last settings when I used it. So if I closed down FooBar with the You-Tube player up and running. It will start the video player when I start FooBar.
Or have an option (on/off) to always open the you tube player when I start FooBar ?

*** 3 ***

So I left the playlist going with only you-tube songs, went to make some food, came back and noticed videos stopped loading, audio was still going.

Did a new recording with some more "Problems" reg video stops loading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsLG4QZEv3E

What I have noticed it sees to happen after a few songs. But as soon as I double click on a song, or use my media keys to open next song, then it gets it working again.

*** 4 ***

Since all youtube, songs have rather strange and dumb names.
Also I tried to Right click the files/link.... in the "playlist" and went into properties.
Edited the artist and Track title. but just got an error message instead.

Could not update tags (Unsupported file format) on:
"3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2S4GTD-AAw"

Im guessing this has to do with that its not actually a file on my computer that I can do changes to.
But would it be possible to go around this somehow and actually name the "files" in playlist with better names ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And btw, awesome nice work on the plugin. Keep up the awesome work.

Reply #308
Thx for the reply...

I wondered if there was any button set, Im not so used to Foobar, so still learning.
Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts.... Ill look into that, thx

If you want to set button to open video manualy:

Right click on your buttons>customize buttons,
Then go to: main>visualizations>youtube video
Add this as button..

Then if you want you can -download this my image: Link
It's look like this:

Regarding the pixel problem early songs.

I don't have this problem with pixel, but sometimes video wont start, or video go fast and stop.
But if i change source from mp4 to other format it work fine. This  also happening earlier with LAV filters.
Must see on which video this happens, and I'll report..

Reply #309
As i said ,this is video that wont start at first play: 3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Till%20the%20World%20Ends&3dydfy_alt_length=237&fb2k_artist=Britney%20Spears&v=qzU9OrZlKb8

I receive message in Youtube video window: STOPPED MP4 360p 640x360 | M4A 44100Hz Stereo 96kbps
In console i didn't receive any error message..
In browser video work fine..

After i stop video, and play it again it works fine..
I was left report for this problem...

Reply #310
As i said ,this is video that wont start at first play: 3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Till%20the%20World%20Ends&3dydfy_alt_length=237&fb2k_artist=Britney%20Spears&v=qzU9OrZlKb8

First I Dont why you wou,ld try and implement sutch strange links.
Take this link instead. Its not a differnt video, its the EXACT same video, just with a better string if URL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzU9OrZlKb8
Look at the last letters and symbols of your string, then compare it to the last symbols of my string. = Same

I receive message in Youtube video window: STOPPED MP4 360p 640x360 | M4A 44100Hz Stereo 96kbps
In console i didn't receive any error message..
In browser video work fine..

After i stop video, and play it again it works fine..
I was left report for this problem...

This is exactly what I reported in the thread above your, In number 3 and recorded a video of it.
Strange that you dint notice that since you did reply to my thread.

It seems to stop middle of songs, and after when it goes to next song by itself it will not load any future songs (video) untill you manually do something.

Reply #311
First I Dont why you wou,ld try and implement sutch strange links.
Take this link instead. Its not a differnt video, its the EXACT same video, just with a better string if URL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzU9OrZlKb8
Look at the last letters and symbols of your string, then compare it to the last symbols of my string. = Same

This link is from my 'Youtube Radio': http://mire777.deviantart.com
Because it use 'track naming' from last.fm it have different URL than standard Youtube video.
It works in foobar and this possibility is added by 3dyd. Info here: clip-title_parsing_rule
What is important is the last symbols of string, and yes this is same video..

This is exactly what I reported in the thread above your, In number 3 and recorded a video of it.
Strange that you dint notice that since you did reply to my thread.

Sorry i missed this in a hurry.
I have same problem...

Reply #312
@Wolfbane, @mire777
Ok, see it. Seems it is one of basic video playback issues in foobar and concerns to current playing time. Details: exact current playing time in foobar is known only from last playback start or seeking. This time value is very important for audio and video synchronization. Foobar has great feature called gapless playback. But in this context it means that if playback comes to next clip without user request (i.e. just last clip was ended and next clip was started to play) then current playing time does not change. Video playback at its showing performs seeking to current playing time which in case of the next clip is not the next clip playing time: if the next clip is shorter that current playing time then you'll see 'Stopped' message; if longer - then you'll see not synchronized video. Currently this can be solved only by manual clip restart or manual seeking within the clip (both these actions will reset current playing time). I'll look for some workaround, but not now, for a while there will be no updates except emergency cases (i.e. audio playback problems), sorry.

Reply #313
@Wolfbane, @mire777
Ok, see it. Seems it is one of basic video playback issues in foobar and concerns to current playing time. Details: exact current playing time in foobar is known only from last playback start or seeking. This time value is very important for audio and video synchronization. Foobar has great feature called gapless playback. But in this context it means that if playback comes to next clip without user request (i.e. just last clip was ended and next clip was started to play) then current playing time does not change. Video playback at its showing performs seeking to current playing time which in case of the next clip is not the next clip playing time: if the next clip is shorter that current playing time then you'll see 'Stopped' message; if longer - then you'll see not synchronized video. Currently this can be solved only by manual clip restart or manual seeking within the clip (both these actions will reset current playing time). I'll look for some workaround, but not now, for a while there will be no updates except emergency cases (i.e. audio playback problems), sorry.

3dyd, thank you for your answer.
Seems that i was found solution in WSH..
You can do this also in your code, just call ''foobar seek command'' from main menu, in this way:

Code: [Select]
function on_playback_new_track() {
fb.RunMainMenuCommand("Playback/Seek/Ahead by 1 second");
}

Reply #314
@3dyd

Oki...
Did you read my other 2 questions ?

*** 2 ***
Possible to get the Foobar You-Tube video window to remember my last settings when I used it. So if I closed down FooBar with the You-Tube player up and running. It will start the video player when I start FooBar.
Or have an option (on/off) to always open the you tube player when I start FooBar ?

*** 4 ***
Since all youtube, songs have rather strange and dumb names.

Also I tried to Right click the files/link.... in the "playlist" and went into properties.

Im guessing this has to do with that its not actually a file on my computer that I can do changes to.
But would it be possible to go around this somehow and actually name the "files" in playlist with better names ?

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

@mire777
If you found a way to solve the stopping of video, that that is great news.

Reply #315
It seems that even that not working, only on a few tracks. Sorry...

Reply #316

Actually if think about it, option 'Show video -> Manually and do not close' should behave exactly that way. I'll fix this in next version.

Yes, probably this is possible but edited tags will be available only until the clip remains in playlists.

Reply #317

Actually if think about it, option 'Show video -> Manually and do not close' should behave exactly that way. I'll fix this in next version.

Well If I leave the "you-Tube" video open, and have the settings on "Manually and do not close", once I close down the FooBar, then next time I open Foobar then it will not open the You-Tube video window automaticly.

Yes, probably this is possible but edited tags will be available only until the clip remains in playlists.

Oki, nice looking forward to next update.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also reguarding the videos stoping to playing.

Is it not possiblet o just go around it in something like this.
So when its 0.5 seconds left of the song then you program it so it forces a "next song keypressing"

Reply #318
Just discovered this plugin. I too look forward to being able to edit metadata.

Is there any way to offset the start and end times? There are music videos with long non-music intros and endings.

Reply #319
Just discovered this plugin. I too look forward to being able to edit metadata.

Is there any way to offset the start and end times? There are music videos with long non-music intros and endings.

I was interested in that too, and the only way i found is using skip track, but it uses <SKIP> tag to work and we can't edit those for now.

Reply #320
With regard to a number of recent posts, its worth pointing out that YouTube Track Manager already has automatic track renaming and a blacklist engine. It works as a companion to foo_youtube. To use it install wsh_panel_mod into your layout in the usual way (you have to disable safe mode in wsh_panel_mode preferences) and then import the YouTube Track Manager script. foo_youtube must also be installed.

It has two modes. The first is called radio mode, because that's what last.fm, deezer & spotify etc call it. Do not be put off by the "radio" name as its not a particularly apt name. In "radio mode" you can set the radio type to artist and it will play the top tracks by a particular artist. If the song hotness is set to 3 then it mainly plays from the top 50 tracks by the artist. Lesser hotness settings use a bigger pool of tracks.

The second mode is album mode. Here the album manager displays the albums of the playing artist. So if you want more of an artist, then double click an album to load the tracks and then play them.

Tracks are correctly named. If you find poor versions of a track, e.g. long non-music intros before the music starts, the video can be blacklisted based on the video id, so that the next time the track is loaded into a playlist the blacklisted version is skipped and a different video version will load.

If you like the style of an artist but want more variety then in "radio mode", you can choose to play tracks by the artist and similar artists. You can also choose to play tracks by specific genres.

There is a new version of YouTube Track Manager here.

Reply #321
New version 1.2

Changelog:
- metadata edit possibility. Now metadata can be edited as usual, for more details available here
- added support of Opus (WebM AO) decoding. Great news, there now can be three more audio-only qualities for the clip. They using Opus in WebM container, quality is 48000Hz Stereo with different bitrates. For now it appears very rarely
- youtube title moved from metadata to track technical info
- added youtube description field to track technical info. More info about this and previous are here
- fixed max subtitles count. You can check out the power of subtitles in this clip.

Reply #322
The metadata edits disappear when the song is played again.

Reply #323
Strange, maybe I missed something but it works for me. The only way I can suggest to get this is the case when edited metadata length is greater than size limit for tech info fields. Check your limit (value of infoMax in LargeFieldsConfig.txt from foobar app data folder).

Reply #324
New update awesome. Keep up the awesome work.

*1* Renameing the files seems to work for me, and does NOT lose name when I play next song or when I play the song again later. So to the person who had this problem. It does not seem to be like that for all users.

*2* I tried to "check for updates" inside FooBar. and got the info back "no updates available". So I downloaded it manually, but just wanted to let you know about this, if you care ;O)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now to some other things. These are things you have said would come in the "next" update.
I totally understand that you could not have had time, or was bigger coding then you tought and will deal with it in next patch or whatever.
Im not being a douchbag. But just letting you know that if you tried to implement them as you said you would, that they are not working for me.

"When I close down foobar and I have you-tube window open, it still does not remember to open it by default."

"Also option to NOT have info during the loading of the video. "

"Also when there is no video to display instead of the "No Youtube video" text, to have an option to also have it totally black instead or option to set it to one monotone color."
(more and less want it to be the classic greenscreen color, same with all text that is ever written in the window to have same color. More and less want one monocolor and not be able to see any text EVER)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also asked if it would be possible to add a feature, that when its like 0.5 left of the song, that the program forces a "next song" keypressing. And that way the program will think it was done manually and that way the video would work without problems.