Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ape files (Read 3653 times) previous topic - next topic

ape files

i don't know much about mpc but i know that mpc and ape can be played both with foorbar, so they had to be something similar. Y just want to know how can i convert an ape file to a mp3 file. I know how to transcode mpc to mp3, but not ape. How can i do, what is the best software for doing it?

regards.

ape files

Reply #1
mpc and ape can be played both with foorbar, so they had to be something similar
foobar2000 can play AAC, Ogg, FLAC, WavPack... and many others, that don´t mean that are similar... they have nothing in similar....

APE is lossless MPC is lossy... and have nothing in common... so this is the wrong place to post this...

In the last version of foobar2000 (0.9) APE is not supported (yet)... so if you have that version you can't convert ape to mp3 (but if you have the 0.8.3, it can be done).... maybe another tool like dbpoweramp work for you...
JorSol
aoTuVb5 -q4

ape files

Reply #2
You can decode the APE file with MAC and then compress the WAV to mp3.