Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_biography for stream songs (Read 2763 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_biography for stream songs

Hi, How to set foo_uie_biography to show covers of songs played from internet radio streams?
For local files this component works fine but looks that not working for streams 

I see that plug-in for local files works fine when in "Properties" the filed "Artist Name" is filled but for Internet radio this name is empty. Please see attached screen.
Strange because in playlist the Artist and Song name is displayed. Is it possible to somehow redirect from stream the artist to field "Artist Name" in "Properties"? Perhaps such a step that would help?

Reply #1
without an update by the original author, this component cannot support dynamic stream titles or trigger updates on title changes. it was last updated in 2010 so i wouldn't hold your breath. 

edit: something i forgot... dynamic streams typically do not contain album tags. even with an update, it wouldn't be much use (at least in album mode).

Reply #2
Hi, How to set foo_uie_biography to show covers of songs played from internet radio streams?
For local files this component works fine but looks that not working for streams 

I see that plug-in for local files works fine when in "Properties" the filed "Artist Name" is filled but for Internet radio this name is empty. Please see attached screen.
Strange because in playlist the Artist and Song name is displayed. Is it possible to somehow redirect from stream the artist to field "Artist Name" in "Properties"? Perhaps such a step that would help?

As i remember foo_uie_biography works fine with radio streams that have artist name provided, if radio sends that data trough stream.
They don't have to be filled in tags. At least this works fine for me earlier when i used this component.
For album this is not possible, because radio streams doesn't provide album tags...
What you see here in playlist is not %artist%,  this is %title%.
If you want to fill %artist% from %title% in tags, this is not possible manualy, this is possible only 'on the fly' ,and must be added trough component..
You can use WSH script to read metadata on the fly, and extract %arist% from %title%, this should work..
Actually this already works fine in WSH bio script..

Reply #3
As i remember foo_uie_biography works fine with radio streams that have artist name provided, if radio sends that data trough stream.

ah yes, you are right. the first of my previous post was wrong.... oh well, it doesn't really change the fact it's still no good for displaying album info. i suppose field remapping may help in the occasional instances where the title matches the album name.

Code: [Select]
$if2(%album%,%title%)

Reply #4

ah yes, you are right. the first of my previous post was wrong.... oh well, it doesn't really change the fact it's still no good for displaying album info. i suppose field remapping may help in the occasional instances where the title matches the album name.

Code: [Select]
$if2(%album%,%title%)

Yes should be in preferences>biography server>general

$if2(%artist%, %title%) or $if2(%album%,%title%) .
But you must split ''%artist% - %title%'' by '' - '' , because i think that component can't find image, if name isn't correct.
Anyway this isn't good for displaying info, as WSH.

Reply #5

Yep, you're right . My mistake because i set as default panel the "Artwork View"  from foo_uie_albumart instead of "Biography" from foo_uie_biography. For local files worked fine because foo_uie_biography can provide artwork to other art viewers (but not for streams). Now i I turned on the correct panel and everything works